life changing quotes..

Options
124»

Replies

• gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Alva Edison

"I would never let school get in the way of my education." - Mark Twain

Mark Twain had a lot of quotes that I absolutely love.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn’t Work Hard“ - Tim Tebow
  • gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember what you said.
    - my Mom

Love this-I was told the same thing by my mom, and I told it to my kids. And they really do get it-always face the music and never lie. Awesome!!!!

^^ I got this from my mom too. :bigsmile:

I have seen this quote attributed to Mark Twain. That's where I got it from.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "Realize that anyone who tries to put you down about your appearance is assuming that it is your job to please them visually. Once you realize that it isn't your job to be visually pleasing to anyone, ever, it becomes very hard for anyone to make you feel bad about yourself" ~Lessons Learned in Life

love this!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    This is a bit long winded, but one of the quotes that hammered in to me the fact that undoing the damage I had done to myself would be relativelt painful, and there was no way around it.

"Basically, if you think of your glycogen stores as a water glass, you filled that ****er up years ago and kept dumping buckets of water on top of the full glass for years, while leaving it out in the rain. In Seattle. Your insulin receptors threw in the ****ing towel years ago, while you were shoving Little Debbie snack cakes down your piehole and washing it down with a Coke. You've completely destroyed your body's ability to correctly recognize its own metabolic signals, so you're going to have to suffer a bit to undo the damage you've done."
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

love this one too!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.” – Muhammad Ali, Boxer

“Strength is the product of struggle” – Unknown

"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."- Herschel Walker
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Never say I can't, say I presently struggle with
    Do your best & forget the rest

Ya I'm doing P90X...lol
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Amen.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You are the one who needs to change.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    "The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.'

I have to repeat this one to myself everyday.
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have seen this before and I LOVE IT!!!
    Thank you for bringing this back into my thoughts.