Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think it was around 20lbs for me too.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that people who see you every day won't notice weight loss until there is 20 or so gone because it's such a gradual process. If you were to post a before and after picture of 13 pounds online we'd see a difference because we don't know you. Make sense? Just like you don't really notice your kids are growing until you look back on pictures of them. The brain just adapts and accepts gradual change without alerting us until the change is undeniable.

If that makes sense.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    For me it was 30 lbs! But I could tell in how my clothes fit long before anyone said anything though. (I gained back 10 if you are wondering why it only says I lost 20 :explode: )
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I'm very excited because my boyfriend lives in London and I won't see him until Mid February, by then I hope to loose 15lbs, which I think will be pretty noticeable on my 5'1 frame!

ONE plus side of a long distance relationship! :happy:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs right before I got pregnant with my daughter. At the office I worked at we had someone come in once a week to do the books. At 35 pounds lost I was eating a salad for lunch, she turned around and said, "oh, have you started on a diet?" Everyone in the office looked at each-other and finally my boss said, "she has lost 35 pounds!" she then said, "oh, really?" Granted, she was really snotty so I could see her doing it to dis-value my efforts, but STILL!!!! It was around 30 when I started getting complements from people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight. If nothing else, I've learned that people are strange and often don't notice much about other people.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    By the way, don't expect men to comment (but trust me when I say, you'll notice they're noticing :laugh: :blushing: ).

Haha, so true!

I saw my extended family over the holidays and the only ones who commented were my aunts (this is after losing 25 lbs). They can just wait until they see me over the summer when I will be very close to my goal weight. :tongue: Just keep at it!