The many mysteries I guess I'll never understand...

Options
Thinsposa
Thinsposa Posts: 40 Member
Question 1
Why do girls put make up on to go exercising? I go out running with a face full of make up and come home looking like a drag queen.

Question 2
How on earth can girls (and guys I suppose) wear thongs (g-strings) while running? It'd be like running with dental floss between your cheeks.

Also, jogging in Crocs? Really?

Please help me understand!!

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i always wear thongs. "briefs" ride up and get caught...you may as well already have something snugly "caught" in there :) besides, i find it more comfy. as for the makeup issue, if i'm already wearing makeup from work, i just leave it on. i never put on much anyway. tinted moisturizer, and eye stuff.
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    I don't wear makeup most days, unless I'm leaving the house to do something productive. If I'm already wearing makeup and I head to the gym, I won't wash it off. But no, I never put on makeup specifically to work out. That's stupid.

I never wear thongs. I just don't like them, and panty lines aren't going to ruin my life. My hanes are comfy while running TYVM.

Crocs are disgusting and should never been worn, but especially not while exercising.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    Hahaha!

I look like a drag queen if I do the makeup before exercising thing too.

I never ever wear underwear at all though, they makes me grouchy. Haha Ok, I do if I wear a skirt/dress but otherwise, nope!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    #1 - What's it to you?

#2 - What's it to you?
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    The only time I wear makeup to the gym is when I have a huge ugly zit. And I hate hate hate working out or running in a thing. It's so uncomfortable. I agree, I don't understand how people do it.
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    Thong*
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I do makeup fairly seldom so.. I don't know.

But I prefer thongs pretty much all of the time, whether I'm sitting around my house or running 3 miles. I don't get how people can wear briefs (or boyshorts, or anything else) all the time.

ETA: Jogging in crocs > not jogging at all.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    1. I wear makeup everytime I go to the gym... I work out during my lunch break at work. /shrug

2. Who wears underwear on MFP? Not possible.

3. Crocs are wrong on every level... except if they're your dog sh1t picking up shoes.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    1) My sister is the kind of girl who puts on full base makeup before working out (or running 5ks).

She also has cystic acne and really bad scarring. She loves makeup, it makes her feel better to look "normal".

I've tried to argue her out of it but if it gives her self-confidence, maybe more energy at the gym, then whatever!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

3. Crocs are wrong on every level... except if they're your dog sh1t picking up shoes.

^^^ This!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym before 6 AM, so if I have make-up on, it's because I was too lazy to wash it off the night before...
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    1) I don't wear make up, ever. (go ahead and judge me, but i look better without it).

2) I will never wear a thong because I like my hipsters better,

3) I had to actually look up what "crocs" are and um, they don't look comfy, and I will always tennis shoes while running outside. For everything else (I don't go to a gym, can't afford it right now) I do barefoot in my home.
  • hullsmostwanted
    Options

LOL
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i always wear thongs. "briefs" ride up and get caught...you may as well already have something snugly "caught" in there :) besides, i find it more comfy. as for the makeup issue, if i'm already wearing makeup from work, i just leave it on. i never put on much anyway. tinted moisturizer, and eye stuff.

ditto.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1) Make-up ONLY if I'm hitting the gym from the work. I'm too lazy to take it off first, lol.

2) I don't own anything but thongs, and I run just fine :)

3) I've never understood Crocs...but to each his own :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't take time to put on makeup to go to the gym, nor do I take the time to wash it off before going. I'm sure, like me, most of those wearing makeup to the gym probably put it on before work or school that morning and went the gym afterwards. Before you judge, consider where people were before they got there or what their plans may be upon leaving.

I use crocs for yard work, or quick slip-ons when taking out the trash...

As for the thongs, I'm clueless.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I don't put on make-up to go run/exercise, but sometimes I go right after work and don't have time to wash it off in between so I end up with the drag queen look. I wear it proud though because I know it means I worked hard :)

If you are already used to wearing a thong, running in one is no different IMO.

I can't imagine trying to run in crocs. I have some (embarrassing to admit) and once had to chase down the dog in them. Let me just say, it did not go too well. Running barefoot proved easier.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    1) Make-up ONLY if I'm hitting the gym from the work. I'm too lazy to take it off first, lol.

2) I don't own anything but thongs, and I run just fine :)

3) I've never understood Crocs...but to each his own :)
    I really love your tutu.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha ha ha love it. I have never seen girls actually exercise when they are dolled up at the gym, they are too busy husband hunting!! I really hated those girls. Gives us all a bad name! A gym is a place of work, sweat and tears! If you aren't sweating, you aren't working hard enough!!!!

Who wears thongs while running???? No knickers at all, no vpl's.

And I am not even going to comment about cros!

:laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Crocs are wrong on every level... except if they're your dog sh1t picking up shoes.

AMEN!