Midnight buffets and 24-hour room service... Save me!

Options
2»

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My friend went up a dress size after going all out on a cruise
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My friend went up a dress size after going all out on a cruise

On my first cruise one of my dinner companions said that he had gone on a 42-day cruise and gained 45 pounds! He had to buy a whole new wardrobe along the way! :noway: Crazy!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation.. its only 5 days.. Just dont be a bottomless pit, wake up a bit early before the day officially starts to workout.. Don't workout in the middle of the day, enjoy your vacation during that time.. and enjoy the night life.. Then when you get back jump back into the swing of things..

If I go on vacation, last thing I want to do after paying all that money is sitting in a gym for an hour instead of at the pool enjoying the sun... its 5 days and for some people, its their only vacation all year.. enjoy yourself.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We're baaaack! And the too-tight Capri pants I packed for the trip (but wound up not needing) were too big when I put them on this morning! Happy dance!

Thanks to the terrific suggestions here, this is what I did:
    One alcoholic drink for the whole cruise. The rest of the time I drank water water water.
    I took an empty 1 liter water bottle with me and made sure I filled it in the morning and drank it during the day. Most times when I thought I might want a snack I was just thirsty.
    I took the stairs only. Always the stairs. With our cabin on deck 5 and the dining room on deck 10, I'll be perfectly happy to never see another flight of stairs in my life. :)
    Fruit fruit fruit fruit. Lots and lots of fruit. I ordered the fresh fruit starter at every meal. And I skipped the bread.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. It was fun to realize that a lot of the clothes I had purchased specifically for this trip were too big by the time I put them on! A definite NSV!