Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friday NSVs

curtnrod
curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
So I took measurements this morning for the first time since I started my new lifestyle journey 18 weeks ago and I was shocked at my progress. I looked at some pictures of me from a few months ago and compared them to recent pics and I can see a major difference, but I can't get past seeing myself as "fat and obese" and I'm not comfortable with myself enough to post before and current pictures yet.

Here is a snapshot of my progress so far:
Neck: -5.25"
Waist: -6.25"
Hips: -4"
Weight: -51.5lbs.
BMI: 41.6 to 34.8
Body fat: Obese III to Obese I

I'm in a pretty tough season in my life right now (aren't we all) and have been really struggling to keep a firm grasp on my goals the last few weeks but after reviewing my progress today, I am re-energized with my commitment to achieve what was unthinkable only 4 months ago.

I may not be where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be, and that's a good thing.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    You are doing excellent Sam, and also you are a great friend and motivator. Everyone who reads this should send you a FR.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    That is amazing!!! 51 lbs in 18 weeks, down 15 inches, & a 7 point improvement in BMI - you are doing awesome!!! Keep it up, you're a true inspiration!!!
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    What an achievement you've made. Obviously you are doing the right thing and getting fantastic results.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    I think it takes courage and honesty to take a look in the mirror, at the scales, and the tale of the tape. The scales and tape don't lie, but often the mirror does in how we see ourselves. I am with you on the same fight. I look in the mirror and ugh! I look at my journal and progress and go wow.

Thanks for the share. A great reminder to stay the course and be thankful for the progress made.

Glad to share the journey with you. We all can do this together and damn be the mirror, it's just a snapshot, not the whole movie..

Right on and thanks!
  • curtnrod
    You are doing excellent Sam, and also you are a great friend and motivator. Everyone who reads this should send you a FR.

Thanks brother, your support has been a big part of my success!
  • curtnrod
    I think it takes courage and honesty to take a look in the mirror, at the scales, and the tale of the tape. The scales and tape don't lie, but often the mirror does in how we see ourselves. I am with you on the same fight. I look in the mirror and ugh! I look at my journal and progress and go wow.

Thanks for the share. A great reminder to stay the course and be thankful for the progress made.

Glad to share the journey with you. We all can do this together and damn be the mirror, it's just a snapshot, not the whole movie..

Right on and thanks!

Glad to have you beside me Big D!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!