My concern

NurseMisty
NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Recently I've noticed members who say things that concern me. I'm talking about extreme goals and I've seen some profile pics that alarm me. Yes, I want to look sexy...but above all I NEED to be healthy. That's what were all here for is to do this in a healthy manner.

Please please please, if you think you could have a problem, don't be scared to ask for help. This a very helpful enviornment, but not a MEDICAL enviornment. After I had my son I had a severe case of post partum depression. I was so scared to talk to the doctor about it, but I needed help. I am a stronger person for asking.

If these people were my brothers or sisters I know I would say something, but it's hard to comment on someone I have never met. So hopefully the people I have concerns about will read this.

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I agree that this is a helpful environment...lots of great advice, support and encouragement here. Thumbs up!

There is a possibility that what "you" think is an extreme goal is not extreme to them. What you think is an unhealthy profile pic may be perfectly normal to them, the person next to them, other people on this site and maybe others see these profile pics as looking unhealthy as well.

My point is....if someone doesn't think or know they have a problem, how can they ask for help? If no one voices their concerns to them, how would they know people view them this way? I've had post partum depression as well and I didn't want people to know about it but I knew I had issues and I did speak with a professional and it did help. But in this case...you could be talking about me....I don't know if you are though becaus your concerns are pretty vague, but you could very well be talking about me, but how would I know that.

I DO get where you are coming from. It is hard to comment concerns to someone you never met but unless they know you are concerned about "them" they will just continue to do what they think is normal.
This discussion has been closed.