Starting Over.. tips?

Options
Hi yall,

I am starting over here at MFP and I am really looking forward to getting healthy! I have noticed in the past that my downfall is when I am hungry I will grab the easiest thing to eat, which often turns out to be unhealthy and/or junk food! I am looking for tips on easy, no-fuss foods or recipes that I can turn to instead. I am a student and have a full time job so "on the go" ideas would be much appreciated as well!

Please friend me if you are looking for another supporter!

Replies

• drthipah
    Options
    Almonds are a really great snack, and they make mini packs of them and sell them everywhere! If you fill your fridge with good food, you will eat good food, so go through your cupboards and throw out all the junk and get some healthy snacks like dried fruit, almonds, low fat cottage cheese, some greek yogurt, blueberries and some healthy fruit bars (I love Luna)!

Good luck.

A
  • flirzhja
    Options
    Whenever I am hungry, I eat 10 to 20 pieces of chilled grapes and I forget about the surge of hunger for another hour or two. I also put some in a snack portion-sized bag when I go for a run. That's what works for me. I feel fuller with chilled grapes than any other fruit. :) Good luck on your weight loss journey.