Hot Peppers?

Options
szimba
szimba Posts: 298 Member
My garden is exploding with hot peppers and I am not feeling very creative with ideas on what to do with them all! Anyone have any yummy suggestions besides chili???

:)

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I make my sriracha sauce. Recipes are all over the webz.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you don't get a reply with any recipes you really like, pick your peppers, wash them well in cold water - leave the stems on. Dry them, and then put them on a baking sheet. Freeze, then toss into a ziploc bag and keep in the freezer. I had some that were good (for cooking) after 2 years in the freezer! I love hot peppers and make my own salsa and guacamole with them all the time, but one good garden bounty lasts me a couple years.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Us department of agriculture website for recipe..... Canning is the way to go!
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    If you like hot peppers like I do..I make chili..I just put some ghost peppes in my chili con carne...wowsers, it's hot, but homemade salsas, spreads, guacamole..the list is full of possibilities!! =)
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Kathi...would love to live by you so I can get some of your salsa...hahahaha.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know of lot of the sisters in my church can them if they have to much...they just can the percentage of all of their vegetables.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just process them in my food processor and pup in singe serve size packages and freeze.
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i've been wanted to try jarring my own food, maybe i'll do that :)