It Works! body wraps

Options

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have started using the wraps three weeks ago. I am down 2 pants size and down 15lbs. It's not water weight. You have to drink TONS of water while wearing the wrap and over the next 3 days. I drink about a gallon of water a day when doing the wraps. They work by detoxing you. The first time I did one, I did not drink enough water and my lymph nodes swelled up like crazy! Even after that incident, I loved the results so much that after the first week I started selling the stuff.

Screen name: JennyItWorks

Seems legit.

Yeah she must be telling the truth!....*sarcastic eye roll* considering if you go to her profile, her ticker has a loss of 0 pounds.
    lmao, now it says 12 lbs lost
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Gawd... this S#!t again... I had one of these people join one of my running clinics trying to sell them. She just wouldn't shut up about them to the point of interupting my lectures. Her argument was that she was losing weight (and the running had nothing to do with it) using them and because of them she was now able to run... Ummm... that's why she just clocked a 17 minute mile and I had to wait for her for 10 minutes after everyone else was done. She was starting to get obnoxious and disruptive so I had to ask her to leave.

FWIW last I heard she had just had the lapbanding procedure done... apparently It Works! body wraps stopped "working" for her.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Well, I suppose do it if you have the extra cash and don't have a handy lighter.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    people actually think they work?

Not really. See the first post is just a set up for the sales pitches that follow later. Like a Shakeology or BBV thread. Someone asks "Hey has anyone tried this?" Followed by the testimonials for people willing to sell them to you.

Happens every time.

But of course I'm sure this time is different. I'm sure the OP is a licensed personal trainer who would have no idea whether or not body wraps are bunk. I mean how could anyone possibly know that without starting a thread?
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Theyre not meant as a substitute for eating right and excercise....they are a supplement. They help show definition in someone who has done the work the hard way.......and no, the results dont last forever. Its for fitting into an outfit or looking smooth in a bikini for the weekend.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Don't think we have these in the UK. Possibly because we have stronger regulation around advertising scams?

Lol, we do? I've heard loads about them over here. Never tried one though, and don't know anyone personally that has either, so I dunno if they work... I don't even know HOW they work... do they make you sweat? :/
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Quote deleted by mod

HAHA perfect placement on the thread!
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Advertisement deleted by mod

It's not easy being right all the time.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Theyre not meant as a substitute for eating right and excercise....they are a supplement. They help show definition in someone who has done the work the hard way.......and no, the results dont last forever. Its for fitting into an outfit or looking smooth in a bikini for the weekend.

Exactly typical results last 2-6 months
  • norcalbeezy
    Options

• NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    These are more for things like attending a class reunion or going to a party where you wanna look hot. They are like a fake tan.

The professionally administered ones are very relaxing, too.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    mmm, Wraps, mmmmm.........
    wraps.png
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

ah...i didnt know it was just for a day or two kind of thing to fit into something...kind of like a girdle?

it reminds of the Japanese fad "bagel head" where they inject saline to create the look of a bagel in their head.

bagel-head-2_0.jpg
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I have started using the wraps three weeks ago. I am down 2 pants size and down 15lbs. It's not water weight. You have to drink TONS of water while wearing the wrap and over the next 3 days. I drink about a gallon of water a day when doing the wraps. They work by detoxing you. The first time I did one, I did not drink enough water and my lymph nodes swelled up like crazy! Even after that incident, I loved the results so much that after the first week I started selling the stuff.
    RULE BREAKER! RULE BREAKER!
    :laugh: Cracked me up!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    it's a setup
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Could you please explain to me, in an easily understandable but kinda sciency way, how this is exactly supposed to happen?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Hand in hand with good diet and regular workout?? Then why would I need the wraps if I'm already losing weight and inches by eating right and working out?

Wouldn't the diet and exercise results last longer? I don't understand the need for a temp. fix.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    advertisement deleted by mod

Hahaaha very funny

Who's joking? The obvious sales tactics used by people here trying to sell their MLM scams disgusts me. I hate watching people on this site who are so desperate for results they buy the snake oil that gets peddled and I'd do anything to prevent it from happening.

Overpriced saran wrap to lose weight.. lasting 2-6 months.. gimme a break.

And before the mods decide to issue me yet another strike please note that A. The user in question is violating the rules by pushing their product on the site. 2. I attacked the product and the methods used to sell it. Not the member.

(it probably won't make a difference but I had to try before I get number 3)
  • norcalbeezy
    Options
    I'm not PUSHING anything on this site, I am answering the guys question the whole topic for this thread! Dont attack me your opinion is fine, but leave it be, get over it and move on.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    advertisement deleted by mod.

Hahaaha very funny

Who's joking? The obvious sales tactics used by people here trying to sell their MLM scams disgusts me. I hate watching people on this site who are so desperate for results they buy the snake oil that gets peddled and I'd do anything to prevent it from happening.

Overpriced saran wrap to lose weight.. lasting 2-6 months.. gimme a break.

And before the mods decide to issue me yet another strike please note that A. The user in question is violating the rules by pushing their product on the site. 2. I attacked the product and the methods used to sell it. Not the member.

(it probably won't make a difference but I had to try before I get number 3)

Gotta applaud you for trying to protect the innocent, Brett.
This discussion has been closed.