Too much whey protein?

Options
It's difficult for me to eat 200g of protein every day. I can only eat so much at a meal before I just get sick of eating. I can eat about 100g of protein from food like chicken, fish, and eggs; and then I have a couple of whey protein shakes each day to bring me up to 200g. I know it's not ideal, but it's what seems to work best for me.

However, I've recently been told that the body can only assimilate about 50g of protein from whey in a day, and that the rest needs to come from other sources. Is this true? Have I been wasting my whey powder by using it too much?

Replies

• macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Go to Alan Aragon's website. He has an article regarding protien uptake which debunks the 30 grams of protien in a meal or 100 grams a day type of myths.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    Go to Alan Aragon's website. He has an article regarding protien uptake which debunks the 30 grams of protien in a meal or 100 grams a day type of myths.

^this
    all those limits on protein intake are all myths no actual scientific backing. Obivously an excess of anything is bad, but 50g of protein from whey is nothing I'm personally intaking about 75g whey protein isolate/hydrasalate.