Anyone doing (or done) the Daniel Fast?

Options
I'm still a newbie here but I am pretty sure that "fast" is a bit of a dirty word around these parts. So please please please don't flame me! :smile:

If you aren't familiar with the Daniel Fast then please check it out at www.daniel-fast.com. After you read that, check out a blog I wrote shortly after I started the Daniel Fast: http://tinyurl.com/8hsw6se
Hopefully those two sites will provide you with insight and you will resist the urge to flame me. :wink:

I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever done this. Sunday (the day after tomorrow, woot!) will be the last day of my 21 day Fast... and conveniently I will leave on a 5-day cruise on Monday. You've heard of the predicted bacon shortage, right? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're blaming that on me. (kidding, kidding, kidding!)

So... if you are doing or have done the Daniel Fast, how is it going for you?

Elizabeth

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    If it is good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for me!
    Just kidding, I could never do it. I like eating too much.

I kept reading and it turns out Jesus never did it. Just Daniel.
  • mommakatmack
    mommakatmack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did a Daniel Fast back in February. It wasn't for health reasons- our church was encouraging people to fast as we collected an offering for a shelter in India. It was one of the most wonderful spiritual experiences of my life! It was also when I had a real breakthrough in my eating habits and learned how to overcome my emotional eating.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have not done it, but I have friends that have for strictly religious reasons. They said it was a great spiritual experience.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ...It was also when I had a real breakthrough in my eating habits and learned how to overcome my emotional eating.

Yes! I am learning the same thing! After 10 days on the Daniel Fast I had lost 8 pounds. I know it was mostly water weight, but that along with the insight I gained into myself and my relationship with food has been incredibly valuable.
    If it is good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for me!
    Just kidding, I could never do it. I like eating too much.

I kept reading and it turns out Jesus never did it. Just Daniel.

Ha! Thanks for the giggle! :)