I do Not see Pilates in the Exercise Data base

Momma2four
Momma2four Posts: 1,534
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So how would you record Pilates in your exercise? I know I am burning calories doing it. I just do NOT know how many. I would appreciate any help. By the way, I am not doing major Pilates I am following a "simplified approach" to Pilates because I have never done it before. The words "Simplified Approach" are key and they are what made me want to try this DVD:bigsmile:

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I am curious about this as well. I used to do Pilates but have developed Fibromyalgia and excercise is hard but am hoping to get it under control and get back into the routine. How often do you do your Pilates? Do you rotate with another excercise program style?
  • Momma2four
    Honestly, I just got the dvd. No routine yet. I walk a lot and I do the Leslie Sansone walk fit dvd's and I will do biggest loser. I am finding that I can get workout dvd's from the library and try them out for a few weeks. I ride bike occasionally. I am still quite heavy and some exercises are just too difficult for me.
  • I would love to know the answer to this! I do stanging pilates 3 times a week along with cardio and weight lifting.
  • drvvork
    Gee, you make me tired just reading your excercise program... LOL... Sounds Wonderful! You must be at the peak of health!! :smile:
  • drvvork
    I was cuious about the 2ndary program - when I was doing Pilates (before I messed my balance up with age... LOL) I only did the Piates alone. Others have said it was best to rotate the program with another.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I used this calculator to get an estimate, then did a custom exercise.
  • Momma2four
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I used this calculator to get an estimate, then did a custom exercise.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.