Hey everyone!

Options
Hey everyone. My name's Kristen and I'm a first-timer. I'm 25 but I've had eating issues since I was about 13 (my "favorite" disorder was bulimia, which turned into binge-purge in recent years, but I've done everything) but trying to do this the healthy way this time. I do a lot of endurance sports, including cycling, and I've competed in a few triathlons and a half marathon in the last year. I'm fairly muscular and people usually don't think I weigh as much as I do. I've been doing sports forever, though, and swam and ran cross country/track in HS.

Anyway, I've been gaining weight steadily for the last year and a half and avoiding the scale since I was afraid it would make me relapse. I was just diagnosed with (barely) subclinical hypothyroidism which might explain a little, but I got on the scale yesterday and saw 190 (at 5' 5.5")-- up from 158 in June 2011 (haven't been under 140 in about 7 years so really nothing lower than 135 would be attainable). I wanted to cry. Funny thing is-- I'm still wearing the same clothes. Sure, they're a LITTLE tighter, but it's not like I can't button my pants and I really haven't bought anything new. I'm fitting into a 10 in pants.

Doctor upped my thyroid meds yesterday so I'm hoping that will help. I asked her for a nutrition plan and the one she gave me is super low carb. I'm just reaching out for support since I tend to fly into fits of purging/restricting/overexercising. I'm not good at finding balance. Help?

I'd love to be buddies with someone!