Food Scale?

Just wondering which food scale you use or recommend? I've been looking at the biggest loser scale (6.6lb) and the eatsmart precision... anyone have either of those? Any recommendation would be helpful! Thanks! :)

Replies

• I have the Biggest Loser Scale it works well for me. I love the tare weight feature so I can zero out and weigh each ingredient separately as I put it in the bowl. My kitchen counter is ALWAYS armed with my trusty scale, a pad of paper, and a pen. Hope this helps!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    I'm interested too. I really want to weigh my almonds to see if I am eating over the serving size. So I would like one that seems precise.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    I got a Mainstays digital scale at Walmart, and now I wonder how I ever lived without it. I take it with me to work so I can weigh my snacks to be certain that what I am logging is accurate and I am eating an appropriate portion size. Do you know how big an ounce of Popchips is? HUGE!

Anyway, it also has the Tare function to zero out the scale so I can put my plate on there, zero it out and then get an accurate weight of whatever it is I'm eating. I think I paid around $15 for it. It is SO worth the money.
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    *Love* my OXO. It's a little more expensive than some, but in addition to the usual good stuff (being able to zero out between ingredients, easily switch between lbs and Kg), I really like the fact that you can pull the screen forward. So I can put my dinner plate on it to add each item and still be able to see the screen. Also, it can measure up to 10 lbs or so, which is very helpful when I'm making a huge batch of something that I'm going to log in as one of my recipes and then freeze the individual portions.

Another thing to watch for is how easy it will be to change the batteries.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    I have the Biggest Loser scale. I love mine!
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Escali Model 157EB. All the nice features and easy-to-read display except it's not backlit. Saves batteries but wastes electricity because I always have to turn on a light to read it. :glasses: Hmmm ... maybe I should take off my sunglasses. :smile: There, much better now. (Caution: uses two CR 2032 watch batteries so it can be flatter to the countertop. Easy to change but not as common as AA or AAA.) I usually try to guesstimate the weight of the food and then see how close I come. So it's a good way to learn what an ounce of cheese, for example, looks like if you're every caught without your scales in a cheese emergency.