Hi all!

Options
I'm new to this site and once again embarking on the journey of getting healthy! I have a few motivating factors to want to start this:

1)My boys!! I have an 11 yo and 15 yo that I am constantly telling to go outside and get some exercise. I figured it was time to practice what I preach so I joined the Rec & Aquatics Center. I'm very excited about this because my children can also workout there and get moving!! My 11 yo is overweight and I am hoping if we can just maintain the weight for now that he will grow into it.

2) I am a paramedic and once again need to practice what I preach. I tell my patients all the time that diet and exercise are vital roles in their health and well-being. My mom is a diabetic with high blood pressure and my dad has heart disease. I think it is about time that I take that seriously and prevent my becoming any of those. Luckily they are great role models and control their diseases with exercise and good eating habits.

3) I really, really want to go to the mountains this Spring/Summer and go on a hiking trip. I am in training for that now.

So my goals are to get healthy, build stamina, increase my strength and lose a few pounds...in that order.

Thanks for this awesome website!!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope too to embark on hiking this summer. Good luck!