Weekly Weight Loss

Options
What is the average weight you lose a week? I feel like I am only losing 0.5 - 1lbs a week. Is that normal? I should be happy that I am even losing something, but I think I want to see more! In about a month my goal is to loose anywhere from 6-8 lbs! Is that over thinking? I'm just kind of dissapointed that I lost roughly 3.5 lbs in about a month!

Replies

• caranda8
    Options
    That's really good, I once lost 6 lbs in 1 week, and gained it all in no time, I think it's best to be slow with it and maintain!! Good Luck!
  • Noahsmommy1
    Options
    0.5 - 1 lb a week is considered to be a healthy loss...and besides a loss is a loss isn't it?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What is typically considered normal and healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. But any loss is still a loss and means that you are doing something right and on the right path to your goal.

People that lose a lot of weight really fast tend to have more difficulties keeping it off and also more issues with loose skin since the body can't really adapt to changes that extreme in a positive way.

So keep on doing what you're doing and celebrate everything that you lose. :)
  • Kateswalsh
    Kateswalsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    .5 - 1 lb has always been good for me. When I'm in high gear it can be 2 or 3 lbs. but that's not often.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Since February, I have averaged 0.85 lbs per week. Some weeks it's a lot more, some almost nothing. Certainly not linear or predictable, but it's averaged out very nicely to a healthy rate of loss.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm so close to goal........I only lost .2 ounces this week......... :(
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on how much you weigh/activity level. Sometimes people who have a lot to lose start seeing big numbers early on each week. Slower/steady weight loss is best. I know it can get frustrating.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I lose one pound a month. I am very close to my goal though- so this is typical for me.

Like everyone else- .5-1 pound a week is healthy.
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate everyones imput! :)
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I think mine is .5-1.5lbs/week I'm sure it'll slow even further the closer I get to my goal.
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    When I was really overweight I would lose 2-3 pounds a week, then it dropped to 2, then 1, then 0.5, then 0.25 and now it's nothing! Hoping to fix that soon!