so, i pulled an all nighter last night...

Options
please forgive any confusing wording, etc. it's been a long night...

anyways

i obviously ate terribly. since i was standing, walking up and down stairs, and building models pretty much all night from 8pm until 12pm today (i'm in architecture school...) instead of sleeping, i was wondering if i should count any of it as exercise? and if so, how should I do it?

shouldn't staying awake all night increase my BMR?

help! i don't want my poor eating to mess me up... it would be great to know what i should do to track my "exercise" !

E

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think you should count it as exercise.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I would just leave it alone. Don't over think it too much.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So, you ate more than you normally would have because you stayed up all night? And you want to log additional activity because you were up all night? One day isn't going to wreck you, just log the food and move on and get back to your regular schedule. As long as it's not something you do all the time. Sleep is an important component, so try not to make a habit of it.
  • e11enr0se
    e11enr0se Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So, you ate more than you normally would have because you stayed up all night? And you want to log additional activity because you were up all night? One day isn't going to wreck you, just log the food and move on and get back to your regular schedule. As long as it's not something you do all the time. Sleep is an important component, so try not to make a habit of it.

not more, just not healthy. the only food i could get at 3am was 24-hour mcdonalds, and vending machine food
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I log my slip ups and move on. If my calories are very high one day I might eat a little lighter the next few days or work out a little more. If your weekly average is staying in a calorie deficit, you'll be fine. Be aware that the sodium in the junk food could cause water retention so if you weigh yourself, you might be a few pounds up. Drink your water and it will flush out in a day or two.