TDEE and BMR

Options
my goal is 1330, but i havent lost any weight for a while! my bmr is 1400 something, and my tdee is 1800.
am i eating too little? is my body going into starvation mode because im not eating enough? someone who's clever, help me :(

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Taking everything at face value, yes you're eating too little.

TDEE is 1800... 1800-15% is 1530. Eat 1530 for a month and see what happens.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1330, but i havent lost any weight for a while! my bmr is 1400 something, and my tdee is 1800.
    am i eating too little? is my body going into starvation mode because im not eating enough? someone who's clever, help me :(
    So you're eating 1330 = 26% less than your TDEE, not really an excessive deficit but if you're at 145 lbs trying to get to 140 it may be a bit high so you could afford to eat a bit more.
  • pearlyyy92
    Options
    i've put my calories up to 1580, i hope it starts to work.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you only have 5 lbs to lose, you should be aiming to lose 0.5 lb/week. That's 250 calories less than your TDEE.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above! Eat at least the 1400! 1530 is probably a good spot to be for a while until your body is feeling good again. After that, you could cut a bit more, but NOT below 1400. Weight lifting, lower carbs, higher protein, more water, and more sleep can all help you to lose more as well. Weight lifting will tend to make you lose inches rather than pounds. Are you taking measurements? You may be losing in size even if the scale isn't moving for you.