204lbs help on calories

Options
Hi all I am looking for advice I am 204lbs and have been following a low al diet of 1200 for three weeks and lost nothing, I suffer with pco so this doesn't help with the weight loss but i need to lost 2 stone to be able to start my treatment. Iv been trying to walk a mile and half on my lunch break but wondering if anyone can help with if I should be doing something more or different

Thanks all

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    An open diary would be handy. Reduce your carb intake to 100g if you have PCOS. If you lost nothing eating 1200 for 3 weeks you need to eat less and/or different.
  • mrskkhall
    mrskkhall Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you I think my diary is open I can't pin it on what as I eat salads veg, fruit ect think il have to up the exercise and less carbs
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am looking for advice I am 204lbs and have been following a low al diet of 1200 for three weeks and lost nothing, I suffer with pco so this doesn't help with the weight loss but i need to lost 2 stone to be able to start my treatment. Iv been trying to walk a mile and half on my lunch break but wondering if anyone can help with if I should be doing something more or different

Thanks all
    i find it hard 2 believe that u eat 1200k a day at 204lbs and have not lost weight. there is probably something that u r eating and not accounting for it. check for alcohol, juices, nuts,. are u using a food scale to verify how much u r eating? good luck
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Thanks all
    i find it hard 2 believe that u eat 1200k a day at 204lbs and have not lost weight. there is probably something that u r eating and not accounting for it. check for alcohol, juices, nuts,. are u using a food scale to verify how much u r eating? good luck
    I would also suggest measuring everything until you are absolutely clear that you are consuming what you believe you are eating... guessing at a correct serving of cereal probably means you are getting two or even three servings not one for example... The same applies to other foods as well. Measure twice cut once is an old contractor's motto... The same applies to building a new healthier you...
  • mrskkhall
    mrskkhall Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks all - I can honestly say I weigh everything, because of my thyroid and pcos issues I have been on the ball not to over eat. My breakfast is in packets so I dont need to weigh them, for lunch I only have soup again already weighed out and at night I weigh everything.