MAJOR thing just happened....

Options
At my desk, getting a little hungry. Brought some snacks from home - red pear or 100 cal. pkg of M&Ms. Any day prior to this one, I would have chosen the chocolate, but decided to go with pear. It tasted so good and think it will tie me over until dinner. Sounds silly but this is a big movement forward for me!

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    glad to hear it well done i might consider doing the same :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your victory!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Way to go!!! Each minor milestone leads to a major victory.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! It gets easier to pass up everytime! Keep it up.
  • 4healys
    4healys Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm so thankful chocolate is not a problem for me, however, eating fruit is. I have to work on that. I don't have much of a taste for sweets of any kind. Congrats on the breakthrough. Keep up the good work!
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! Way to go!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound silly. Way to go. :)
  • shaunahorne
    shaunahorne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!! I love it! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Yay for you!! Way to go!! :happy:
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Way to go! I need to eat more fruit, you are an inspiration!! I have a backup plan when I "hear the Oreos calling my name," I fix a cup of sugar free cocoa. Sounds simple, but it soothes the hunger, satisfies the taste for choclate and it is soooo warm on these cold days/nights!! Good luck!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a good choice. Good choices made repeatedly will become good habits. You are one step closer to your ideal weight! Not silly at all! Who knows...if you ate the chocolate, you may have wanted more later and not been able to stop with that one 100 calorie pack....if you are like me! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Choosing fruit over chocolate is a HUGE deal any day of the week, no matter if you're 100 lbs or 1,000!
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Way to go! I need to eat more fruit, you are an inspiration!! I have a backup plan when I "hear the Oreos calling my name," I fix a cup of sugar free cocoa. Sounds simple, but it soothes the hunger, satisfies the taste for choclate and it is soooo warm on these cold days/nights!! Good luck!

We take our victories as we can, eh? Being the choco-holic I am, I find the sugar free cocoas a little tough to drink - I put the french vanilla Splenda sweetner in it (I know not the best thing, but when the evil craving strikes!)
  • klybarger
    Options
    Congrats on a good choice. Good choices made repeatedly will become good habits. You are one step closer to your ideal weight! Not silly at all! Who knows...if you ate the chocolate, you may have wanted more later and not been able to stop with that one 100 calorie pack....if you are like me! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

Thanks and I am like you. I get on that "sugar leads to more sugar" thing!
  • klybarger
    Options
    Way to go!!! Each minor milestone leads to a major victory.

I beginning to believe this now that I have accomplished a couple of those milestones. Thanks!
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    Way to go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    98% of if is getting the brain to think the right way! Yahoo!!!