When to give up the baggy clothes.

Options
Yes, baggy clothes make you look bigger. I have dropped a couple of sizes.....started before MFP......Don't want to buy NEW clothes at retail prices....don't know how long I can wear them with all my success :) ~~ So, what do you do?

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing them after 3 years. I bought some better fitting jeans last year, and I didn't like how they felt tight. I've come to like my loose fitting clothes. LOL. I really have. I've gotten used to it.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Head t TJ Maxx..if you live in the states.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing my baggy clothes. lol.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm going with thrift store/second hand stores for a while!
  • Krnpena
    Krnpena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using a belt on my jeans (for now) and gonna actually have to get a new belt soon. i wanna wait till i reach my next goal to even try on new jeans but i am soooo looking forward to it!
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My baggy clothes aren’t real baggy yet.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We have a Platos closet. You could sell baggy ones and buy new ones very cheaply. Also I've done TJ Maxx too for a few necessities until I get to goal.
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

This and TJ Max or Ross. I bought new jeans and I feel great in them! My other ones looked horrible.....all saggy in the butt and around my waist and thighs.....
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    I finally caved and bought a few things this week. I still have another month or more of shorts wearing days- pulling them off while buttoned and zipped isn't cutting it anymore. ;)

Hit up some sale racks or discount stores.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I finally just went out and bought a bunch of new clothes in a smaller size. I've had to buy new pants along the way since they kept falling down even with a belt, ha! But I luckily live 5 minutes from a outlet mall they just built this year.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I had to cave two days ago. I bought 2 new pairs of jeans. One in a smaller size and one in my current size. I HAD TO or else I was taking a very major risk of having my pants fall down at work. It happened once already, but I caught them and luckily nobody was looking!
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    Its SOOOO hard to give away your old baggy clothes. I feel like i'm jinxing myself each time I do it. I saved my size 54 suit and belt. Other than that I have gotten rid of everything else.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Kohl's clearance racks are great! Especially if the clothes are on ultimate (not the tech term) clearance. I got an awesome shirt there for $8 a few months back. But Marshalls, TJMaxx, and Ross are great!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    We have the same weight loss goal.. I've lost 38 lbs and still wearing the same now REALLY baggy pants I was wearing 38 pounds ago. Yours are baggy at 16lbs so just imagine that lol.
    Don't follow my lead, definitely hit the thrift store! I'm going to try to do the same this weekend. :P
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I sew what I can to help make them fit longer. I also had some smaller fitting clothes that I outgrew that I can now fit back into. I also have some ppl that I can trade clothes with while we are on this weight loss journey together. One way to get some better fitting clothes without breaking the bank is to hit up some yard sales, thrift shops, or the similar. Sell what you can't wear and use the money to buy some new ones.
  • ItzPSGina62
    Options
    I had to cave two days ago. I bought 2 new pairs of jeans. One in a smaller size and one in my current size. I HAD TO or else I was taking a very major risk of having my pants fall down at work. It happened once already, but I caught them and luckily nobody was looking!

haha! that happened to me at work. I was wearing a skirt. I am a Psychotherapist and my client had just come into the office. He had his head turned...and down went my skirt....thankfully I pulled it up before he noticed!
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For me, belts were helpful when my pants first started getting baggy. But when it's time to actually size down I shop local thrift stores, Good Will, Salvation Army, garage sales, Ross and the Clearance rack at any clothing store. Also, I've even had luck with ebay - you can find clothes sold in lots, I've scored some pretty awesome shirts that way. I would suggest donating the clothes that no longer fit you and NOT keep them around. Maybe pick your fav pair of jeans or dress in your size pre-weight loss, so you have something to look back on, but don't hold onto those bigger clothes.

(edit for spelling)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ I just went and bought a pair of capri jeans at goodwill for $2.30. At that price, it doesn't matter if they get too big in a matter of weeks! The only thing I buy new is undies and bras, and I buy in limited quantities ( I have like 1 bra, and 12 pair of undies)
  • helaurin
    helaurin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nothing has really gotten baggy on me yet... I have one pair of jeans that are just getting loose enough to slide off me without undoing the button or zipper, but a belt will keep them on for many more pounds to hopefully come off.

I'm figuring that my typical size was an XL or size 18/20 (depending on the manufacturer & cut of the garment); I will wait until I am at least down to a M or 14 (preferably even a tight 12) before breaking out the wallet, if I can.

I just am squeezing into a pair of size 16 jeans, but they are definitely on the tighter side. Using that bit of tightness to remind me to stay on course. I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking "oh, these feel loose, a bit extra of that yummy-dish won't hurt".
  • ItzPSGina62
    Options
    We have the same weight loss goal.. I've lost 38 lbs and still wearing the same now REALLY baggy pants I was wearing 38 pounds ago. Yours are baggy at 16lbs so just imagine that lol.
    Don't follow my lead, definitely hit the thrift store! I'm going to try to do the same this weekend. :P

I started this journey before MFP. In total I've lost about 50 pounds or more. Last year I went six weeks without losing a pound but lost inches because I was working and out doing ZUMBA .... a pound of fat is bigger than a pound of muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!