Any of your stomachs

nhendri
nhendri Posts: 236 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am just jumping back on the bandwagon and am finding that after I eat (meals are alot smaller) I have a weird sensation in my stomach. Its mostly when I eat fruits and veggies. It kind feels like I am still hungry (even though I am not sure I know what it feel like to be realy hungry). Its been happening for that last two weeks. It almost feels like I just woke up. Not sure what it means. Any of you have/had this issue and can enlighten me that would be great.

PS Its worse on days I work out.

Thanks
Nikki

Replies

• enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    I get that too!! When I first signed up at my Gym I got a personal training package just to get me in the right direction and my trainer told me that because I ate so many calories for so many years my body is feeling a false sense of "starvation" and is trying to trigger me to eat as much as it's used to getting. She says it's going to feel like your famished at times especially on high calorie burn days. She recommends drinking water, chewing gum or if you absolutely cannot survive and feel like your going to die eat a snack of veggies or an apple.

I found that using the "Tide me Over" drink mix from South Beach Diet (only 35 Calories) helps as well.

Good luck it's a constant battle for me too and sometimes I don't win. Just know that feeling hungry is normal but we have to really think about if we're truly hungry or simply detoxing like an addict. Having this forum and a good support system helps and don't get down on yourself if you fail every now and then just keep pushing!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    wow i really feel for u ive had this problem the last three days but i fight through it if u have to eat eat low cal crackers 34 calories each (jacobs cream cracker) eat one and see how u feel by then if not eat an apple more fillin because of fibre in it :flowerforyou:
  • Eat slowly. It takes 15 minutes for your brain to register that you are full. Also, drink lots of water while you eat. It will help fill you up.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    I get that toooo, especially when i work out. The cracker seems to be the best thing for me. It could be the acids in your stomach and the crackers help to absorb it. I will try out the cream crackers as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    I get that too...I'm used to filling up more than necessary... By body is adjusting to the new calories,
    and sometimes feels a bit hungry...water, water, water is all I can say. Also make sure you are getting
    the right amount of nutrients for your body. Even when we get the right calories the body may still
    crave something if we have not fed it the "right" stuff. Fill up with veggies/fruits/grains, which is what our bodies
    want..and need! Good Luck:drinker: (that's water)
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    This is my biggest issue.

I feel hungry a lot, specially after long walks.

Or right around 4 oclock... I feel like i'm starving, so I eat dinner around 5 now.

Good thing though, I don't really get hungry after dinner, so thats a plus.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Thank You All for you replies! I am glad I am not the only one who has experiance this. I thought maybe I was loosing my mind lol.

Thanks
    Nikki
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    I get that toooo, especially when i work out. The cracker seems to be the best thing for me. It could be the acids in your stomach and the crackers help to absorb it. I will try out the cream crackers as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

ur very welcome :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.