Biggest Loser MFP Weigh in 3/5/2008

Options
I have no idea where I am and last night I had a family emergancy so I did not get the chance to see the show. So SOMEONE is going to have to tell me what happened. :ohwell:
Thanks Bunches.
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where I am and last night I had a family emergancy so I did not get the chance to see the show. So SOMEONE is going to have to tell me what happened. :ohwell:
    Thanks Bunches.
    --Diann...
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    well they started the show off with Jay crying more over his brother. they had a temptation challenge where they got to go to a vending machine and make a choice and something would randomly fall. if junk food fell they had to eat the junk food. if it was a pack of extra gum then they got the money amount on the back of it. and a free selection. if they got junk food after the gum they got to chew a five calorie piece of gum instead of eating the junk food. there was also a 1 lb. pass in the machine and if they got that, then their turn was up. 5 out of the seven people got the 1 lb passes. several people ate a lot of junk, and a couple people got some money. I think dan ate over 1000 calories in junk, but also got close to $10,000. then they had a challenge where they had to pull themselves across a rope 500 feet over a ravine and get flags as they went across. the blue team won the challenge and got to be fighter pilots for the day. for being biggest loser last week Bernie chose gameplay and he got to give immunity to any other player other than himself. at the weigh in they were told that they were no longer blue/black teams, but all playing seperately and the yellow line is back. everyone lost at least 6 pounds I think. bernie gave immunity to brittany, which is good because she would have been below the yellow line. Kelly and bernie ended up being up for elimination. Maggie, and brittany both voted for Kelly, but Jay, roger and dan all voted for bernie. so bernie was eliminated.
    so I think that's just about all that happened.
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    oh yea....my weigh in...

startin weight: 274.5
    last week : 253.5
    this week: 254

up 1/2 a pound, but that's ok.....
    I'll do better next week!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Didn't do well this week. I cheated and weighed a couple of days ago and was down a pound, but today I was up a pound from last week. I am going to try to pull myself together this week and get back on track!
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    Aww POOH I liked Bernie :-( That is sad.
    However, if they where going to go back to the old way of doing it....Why did they start it off differently?!
    --Di...
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    my current weight this morning was 142.8
    thank God, I had about a month of no weight loss and no this week alone I have lost 5 lbs, so I am happy.
    Total lbs lost 67 lbs
    17 more to go!!!
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    And as you BOTH have said, this was an odd week all around for a LOT of us.
    With family issues it is hard for me to keep track but it will get better when everything calms down.
    --Diann...
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to start today for the weekly weigh-in! I got a new scale so everything is off :o(

3/5/08 - Starting weight : 161.3

Good luck to everyone!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Starting: 227
    Last Week: 210.6
    This Week: 208.0
    Loss: 2.6 :happy:

I was sad to see Bernie go, but if he had not have given Britany the save, she would have gone home, so I was at least happy to see her stay. Next week looks like it will be interesting. Looks like 2 of the 'cast offs' will be returning. It will be interesting to see how they decide who returns & what impact it will bring.

Have a great week.

SG :glasses:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I have been up and down all week but here goes..........

starting weight 254.6
    last week 235.4
    this week 234.2

total loss 20.4 :smile: :smile:
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    I was sad to see Bernie go too!:cry:

Starting weight: 185
    Last week: 179
    This week: 178

Total Lost: 7 pounds!

No matter what I do, I can't seem to lose more than one pound a week! Oh well, at least it is a loss, and I'll take it!!!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am so freakin' exciting. Here is my Biggest Loser journey:

1/09/08 = 215.5 - STARTING
    1/16/08 = 213
    1/23/08 = 211
    1/30/08 = 207
    2/06/08 = 205
    2/13/08 = 203
    2/20/08 = 201.5
    2/27/08 = 198.5
    3/05/08 = 193.5 - 10.2% GONE!!!

I have lost 22 pounds in total. And then, I went through my closet and tried on those pants that I couldn't button in November and they are fit me very well now. I was doing a happy dance in front of the mirror. I am so happy.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Only one issue, I lost 5 pounds this past week but I have been getting over a cold and haven't worked out since 2 Sunday's ago. I am hoping I did not lose any muscle mass. I am going to work out today so I will see was my results are next week.
  • deborahsanchezmacy
    Options
    I am starting today. My starting weight is 160.

I have been doing well on my exercise routine but I have lost control with my eating. I have gained 8 pounds recently. In june of 2006 I was 210 pounds. I can't go back.
  • abrandenberger
    Options
    I am starting today also...149!! Looking to lose my last 9lbs...and get trim...WHOOHOOO
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Start MFP: 146

1/9/08 144.8
    1/16/08 141.4
    1/23/08 140.6
    1/30/08 142.4
    2/06/08 141
    2/13/08 140
    2/20/08 138
    2/27/08 136
    3/05/08 136.4

up .4 pounds, but I am not mad..it's ok.. I know if I push my self I can do it and get down to 130... + MIAMI is less then a week away. JUst one more MIDTERM separates me and a deserved vacation :)
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last Week: 181 pounds
    This Week: 180 pounds.

I know I could've lost 2 pounds if I had stayed more focused on my eating this week. As it is, with an extra day off of exercise I took as well as a few days of being over my calories- I am so relieved to have lost anything! :happy: Hopefully this week I will stay more focused and get back to losing 2 pounds a week!
  • madkat67
    madkat67 Posts: 32
    Options
    well they started the show off with Jay crying more over his brother. they had a temptation challenge where they got to go to a vending machine and make a choice and something would randomly fall. if junk food fell they had to eat the junk food. if it was a pack of extra gum then they got the money amount on the back of it. and a free selection. if they got junk food after the gum they got to chew a five calorie piece of gum instead of eating the junk food. there was also a 1 lb. pass in the machine and if they got that, then their turn was up. 5 out of the seven people got the 1 lb passes. several people ate a lot of junk, and a couple people got some money. I think dan ate over 1000 calories in junk, but also got close to $10,000. then they had a challenge where they had to pull themselves across a rope 500 feet over a ravine and get flags as they went across. the blue team won the challenge and got to be fighter pilots for the day. for being biggest loser last week Bernie chose gameplay and he got to give immunity to any other player other than himself. at the weigh in they were told that they were no longer blue/black teams, but all playing seperately and the yellow line is back. everyone lost at least 6 pounds I think. bernie gave immunity to brittany, which is good because she would have been below the yellow line. Kelly and bernie ended up being up for elimination. Maggie, and brittany both voted for Kelly, but Jay, roger and dan all voted for bernie. so bernie was eliminated.
    so I think that's just about all that happened.

There was a temptation for money by way of food on the last season and Jillian freaked out on the contestants who went for the money - I think she said something like "...if you want money, go home and earn it.... you're here to lose weight!" That show came to mind as I watched poor Kelly eating and almost getting sick! I really wanted to see what the coaches reaction would be after that challenge!
    I love that show!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Down 5 pounds this week! Doing the happy dance!!!! How many calories is that burning do ya' think?!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last week 140.5
    This week 135.5