Caterpillars!

catfish9
catfish9 Posts: 138
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there. I'm Katie, I'm 22, and I'm new. Well, I joined quite a while ago, but I wasn't very serious about it. Now, I am.

I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. Over the past few years, I picked up some particularly unhealthy weight loss habits, but have 'seen the light,' so to speak. I'm going to work out more, to mind my food better. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but something tells me I can do it the time. For real, and in a safe and healthy way. It helps to see so many people with a similar goal. This seems like a wonderful community, and I'm excited to be a part of it!

I bet you're wondering about the topic title. I wanted to pick something a little more original than 'Hi! I'm New!' and caterpillars were, naturally, the very first thing to come to mind.:D

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Haha welcome!! I was intrigued by the title....and then I immediately thought of those cutesy brown caterpillars and the scary black w/red stripes ones that you see in the fall...random! :laugh:

Good luck on your journey; mfp is great!
  • Hi Katie! I'm new as well, and completely understand how you feel about developing some unhealthy habits!
    But I think you can do it as well, and i think this is a perfect place for support and for finding the right kind of information that we need.
    Good luck in all that you do!
    -Alisa
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    LOL!!! I thought your title might have been an addition to the food database, I was getting nervous:huh: !!! Anyways, WELCOME:flowerforyou: !!! I started AGAIN on the Sunday that just passed. It's tough to get in the swing of things, but after less than a week, I feel pretty good & already started to loose! So, if I can do it anyone can! I wish you the best! If you want a healthier you, you will achieve a healthier you!!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    welcome aboard ........good luck on your weight loss journey and yes YOU CAN DO IT
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Thanks, guys! I really feel like I'm making an awesome decision!

As for adding caterpillars to the food database-- ugh! Caterpillars are friends, not food. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.