This may sound weird, but...

Options
I've always wanted to be a surrogate mother! I have two kids of my own, and I LOVED being pregnant; I just don't want anymore of my own! The weird part is the fact that I want to lose weight so that I can do it. Does that sound a little odd to anyone?

I'm sure the fact I had c-sections with both of my kids would get me turned down, but since I am "allowed" to have one more pregnacy, why not do it for someone else's sake?

Replies

• got2tryagain
    Options
    I think it is a pretty selfless act. So many people in this world can't have children. For someone to work hard to lose weight to have a baby for someone else is pretty amazing in my book.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I second this, I think that it is very awesome, not weird! To lose the weight to help a couple wanting a family is an amazing and selfless act of kindness!
  • momo0884
    Options
    I don't think it's weird at all. Thank goodness that there are people out there like you who want to be pregnant. I was pregnant twice and never want to go there again. Love my kids but HATED the pregnancy part.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I agree with pretty darn amazing! Not weird at all, just awe inspiring.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have thought about being a surrogate but since I have lost all the weight I no longer wish to be a surrogate or have more of my own :) Reason being..I had twins and that caused alot of my weight gain, so it scares me.

But, for you, that is very awesome.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    For me, the only good thing about pregnancy was the baby I got to take home at the end. :wink:

But go you - you would make a huge difference in someone's life.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird... but I want that too. I loved pregnancy and childbirth. I've thought many times about being a surrogate for someone, but didn't think anyone would want me to at my current weight despite two healthy, complication free pregnancies and births. So, as I get further toward my goal I'll probably look into it more.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    I agree with all the others, what a wonderful gift you will provide! I also never want to be pregnant again, but I was not healthy when I was pregnant, I had gestational diabetes with both and was insulin dependent. You go girl!