What do you go by ?

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
do you go by weighin yourself and trustin the number or measurin yourself which is the most effective for you and why ? just like opinions.....i go by both weighin myself for water weigh and measurement for acutal weigh lost thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I do both. They're both important.

Plus, sometimes the scale doesn't show progress, but the tape will, or vice versa. It double your chances of getting good news!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    I go by weighing...simply because I don't trust my measuring...off the littlest bit and the number is different. I wish there was an foolproof method...that was affordable :wink:
  • ccdo
    i agree that the tape gives better resutls but it does have its downfall too like scales so i go by both to keep me motivated :flowerforyou:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I go by how my clothes fit.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I go by weighing...simply because I don't trust my measuring...off the littlest bit and the number is different. I wish there was an foolproof method...that was affordable :wink:

Same for me... I was driving myself crazy trying to measure myself because I could never remember exactly where/how I measured the 1st time and even a tiny difference can cause a change in the measurement. Because of that, I mostly try to go by what the scale says and how my clothes are fitting. I know I've lost inches around the waist, because my pants are getting loose and I'm going to need to buy new belts soon - getting toward the end of the notches in my old ones! I'll probably try and measure here soon - since it's been like, 2 months since my first set of measurements.
  • 4healys
    4healys Posts: 44
    I do both. They're both important.

Plus, sometimes the scale doesn't show progress, but the tape will, or vice versa. It double your chances of getting good news!

Couldn't have said it better...esp the part about doubling the chances for good news!:tongue:
  • I like to get the full picture. Weight, measurments and fat%.
  • I do both. They're both important.

Couldn't have said it better...esp the part about doubling the chances for good news!:tongue:
  • ccdo
    forgot about that simple tip bout how ur clothes fit etc thanks for the reimnder angelwings :flowerforyou: and thanks to everyone for their opinion greatly appreciated :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.