Hunger pains

Options
I just can't seem to get over the hunger pains.... that's probably the hardest thing for me right now. Any suggestions on to curve and help with this double fall?

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What I had to do is create a snack between breakfast and lunch and then another between lunch and dinner. It kind of stopped some of that. :smile:
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have water.. and then fruit.... and water... sometimes I need a bowl of Fiber One original cereal (60 calories) and that'll knock it off!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water! Also, try eating every 3 hours or so. :smile:
  • DaRizzKid
    DaRizzKid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    eat smaller portions or snacks throughout the day instead of only eating at meal time and increase your water consumption. it will help you feel more full throughout the day. make sure youre still getting enough to eat everyday and not under eating for any reason. stick with it and soon your body will adjust and you wont feel as hungry all the time :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? Maybe you need to consider upping them to help with the hunger pains? I've also found eating a bit higher protein keeps me fuller longer rather than having a higher carb based diet. Eating every few hours and lots of water also keeps me from getting too hungry.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 1200 calories per day, raise that goal and eat more. You will still lose weight and you will not be in pain.

This should be a lifestyle of eating healthy, to deny yourself is setting yourself up for failure. Dont diet, eat healthy.

In saying that, almonds, yogurt , baby carrots and fresh fruits are a great thing to snack on during the day.

Good luck
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Divide food into about 5-6 mini-meals and eat lower carbs. If your diet is very high in carbs, sometimes you crash a short time after your meal and that can cause hunger PANGS.
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try eating veggies and fruits and drinking tea in between meals
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    well...thats part of it..ur going to be hungry no matter what for a while..u just have to push thru it.. at night usually before bed is worst for me... i have little cups of apple sauce or small bags of chips or popcorn for that time.. or apple or carrot... best to spread ur calories around to cover this time.
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I might possibly raise my calorie intake, but not by much because I want to continue to lose weight. I do, however, eat 5 times a day, small meals. I've been doing great on controlling my hunger pains and I have been drinking lots of water, except for today I noticed I didn't drink as much as usual and that's when I got to work (330pm) and felt soooo hungry and I ate two slices of pizza and three cookies. I'm so dissappointed in myself. ):

But that is a good idea, maybe I should try increasing my protein in the morning when I have my breakfast or just simply have a bigger breakfast and that might work, but yes I need to drink a lot more water for sure!

Thanks guys!!!!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what your number is but you would be surprised at how much you can eat and still lose weight. I was on 1200 per day for months and then upped my calories to 1500 and lost more weight faster. I also was not hungry and much happier.

I achieved my goal, raised my calories to 1600 and continued to lose weight. I am also 44 years old, an age where it is much harder to lose weight.

Eat more, eat healthy. You will never regret doing it that way. But there is a good chance, if you starve yourself, you will give up.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Try eating a small amount of protein, good quality sardines in olive oil are satisfying, for example, or even a VERY small amount of a healthy fat.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what your number is but you would be surprised at how much you can eat and still lose weight. I was on 1200 per day for months and then upped my calories to 1500 and lost more weight faster. I also was not hungry and much happier.

I achieved my goal, raised my calories to 1600 and continued to lose weight. I am also 44 years old, an age where it is much harder to lose weight.

Eat more, eat healthy. You will never regret doing it that way. But there is a good chance, if you starve yourself, you will give up.

This. I'm 47 and lost the last 20 lbs. eating between 1650 and 1850, but I workout 6 days a week.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If you're nervous about upping your calories, at least start off by eating back your exercise calories so you are at least NETTING 1200 calories since MFP is designed that way. Then if you still feel hungry you can decide if you want to up them a little more from there. I'd also recommend tracking your protein levels on your diary so you can see if there is a correlation between low protein and hungry days.

Also, your body can't always differentiate between feeling hungry and thirsty. If you're overly thirsty, it may translate into a rumbling stomach, etc. Try drinking a big glass of water first and see if that makes it stop before eating (especially if it's not a normal eating time for you).
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You should eat something if you are hungry, that's for sure, especially if you are on a super low-calorie diet. I'm almost never hungry, but that's the path I chose for myself -- long term progress with very little short term success. I have only lost 20 pounds in over a year, but my body shape has changed from personal training and I'm never hungry. This is how I can sustain the lifestyle. Don't be hungry all the time, who can sustain that? Good luck to you!! And if you need snacks, try high protein snacks that will keep you fuller longer like hard boiled eggs, individual servings of Cracker Barrel cheese, that sort of thing.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Eat every 3-4 hours and eat more protein and complex carbs!! You'll never be hungry again!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    eat stuff with more fiber or protein.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I hear yah!! Same here tonight and I have tried everything in the book but still I am hungry. Women's troubles!!
  • mvatrail
    Options
    Carbonated water does it for me, takes away the hunger.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Your fats are way too low and your carbs are way to high.. more fats will satisfy you. but, you must cut back on those carbs...too much pros=cessed foods...try to eat real - clean - food :)