Anyone up for an October Challenge?!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I was curious if anyone would like to join an October Challenge with myself and some others next month?

Each month we choose an exercise (or a couple different ones) that we can measure in distance. Your exercise and distance is totally up to you. If you'd rather measure an exercise in minutes, you are welcome too! As an example - My goal for September was to walk 70 miles. Some members bike, run, and we all have our own goals. What ever you choose to do, the real goal is to challenge ourselves a little bit, and keep us moving!

We have found that doing this together as a group keeps us more accountable and motivated. Several members even go past their goals for the month!

If you are interested at all, here is the link to our group -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7560-monthly-walk-run-or-bike-challenge

We'd love to have some new members, come check it out :)

Have a fantastic weekend! :)

Replies

• Marie294
    Options
    Anyone out there? :)
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes i would love to join in on an October Challenge :)

I had planned to start a personal challenge on monday anyway.

My goals are:

Walk 50 miles at a fast pace - i will track this on my iphone sports app.
    Do a 45 min combat class once per week
    Do a 45 min body pump class once per week

I will be doing measurements on the 1st and final measurements on the 31st :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    Yes i would love to join in on an October Challenge :)

I had planned to start a personal challenge on monday anyway.

My goals are:

Walk 50 miles at a fast pace - i will track this on my iphone sports app.
    Do a 45 min combat class once per week
    Do a 45 min body pump class once per week

I will be doing measurements on the 1st and final measurements on the 31st :)

Welcome, Cazzy! :) We'd love to have you in the group! You have some excellent goals!

Aren't the iphone apps that go with exercise awesome? I use an app when I walk that tracks steps, time, distance, and calories burned - It's great!

I would love to take a combat class! That sounds so cool! :)
  • AyeshaNewaz
    AyeshaNewaz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i am totally up for an october challenge!
    i usually track my exercise through minutes done, n calories burned though, please count me in!
    im just about to click on the link to ur group so talk to u soon, im also adding u on mfp?
    thanks for the offer!
    ayesha
  • Marie294
    Options
    i am totally up for an october challenge!
    i usually track my exercise through minutes done, n calories burned though, please count me in!
    im just about to click on the link to ur group so talk to u soon, im also adding u on mfp?
    thanks for the offer!
    ayesha

Sounds GREAT, Ayesha! :) You can make a goal of how many minutes you want to work out this month instead of having a distance goal if you'd like! What ever works for you! The group is great for support no matter what your goals are :)