Best dessert EVER! (110 calories)

Options
AnnaGalbina
AnnaGalbina Posts: 20 Member
Okay, I LOVE coffee, I mean really love coffee. So the other day I wanted some ice cream but I also wanted coffee. Instead of having to choose between a cup of ice cream or my usual cappuccino I decided to combine the best of both worlds.

1)Breyers vanilla ice cream(110 calories) for 61grams
2)pour a shot of esspresso over the ice cream.
3) ENJOY :D

It is hot and cold at the same time, it's sweet and strong as well. And it hits the spot every time.
**if you dont have an esspresso machine, 3-4oz. of strong black coffee will work as well.

Replies

• Dianecg
    Dianecg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a coffee-holic! This sounds yummy! I don't want to go to the trouble of making coffee. Wonder if any of the instant coffees would work?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but this was invented a really long time ago, look up 'affogato' :wink:

It is delicious though!

Oh and to the poster above me, in my humble opinion if you can't go to the trouble of poung one shot, you aren't really a coffee-holic, yust a caffeine addict :laugh:. I don't even condider instant to be coffee, its just wrong (but I am a self-confessed coffee snob)

:drinker:
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love affogato (fun tidbit: it means "drowning" in italian, meaning you drown the ice cream or gelato with espresso).

Another thing you should learn about as a coff-holic is coffee syrup. It's probably available everywhere though it's New England centric, specifically Rhode Island, where their official state drink is Coffee Milk, which is Coffee Syrup mixed with milk.

I just bought some small-batch coffee syrup from a Rhode Island coffee shop (I live in Massachusetts) and am pretty excited to get trying it. Of course it will go great with yogurt, milk, ice cream, etc...
    can't wait!
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    In the morning when I am late and haven't set the coffee maker the night before.. I take frozen coffee ice cubes (always have those in the freezer), Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a bit of instant coffee (sorry coffee snobs, I need the extra zing) and my favorite chocolate protein mix and blend it up for a wonderful mocha breakfast smoothie :) Gets me going and makes my mouth happy!

Edit* It's also very low cal- 40 calories for the milk, and however many for your protein powder ;)
  • AnnaGalbina
    AnnaGalbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but this was invented a really long time ago, look up 'affogato' :wink:

It is delicious though!

Oh and to the poster above me, in my humble opinion if you can't go to the trouble of poung one shot, you aren't really a coffee-holic, yust a caffeine addict :laugh:. I don't even condider instant to be coffee, its just wrong (but I am a self-confessed coffee snob)

:drinker:

Oh, I wasn't trying to say I invented it, in fact I have heard of it somewhere before..
    I was merely sugguesting that anyone can make this at home for only 110 calories :) I do agree with you on the instant coffee though. Instant coffee is like a unicorn, it sounds lovely, being able to make coffee in an instant but it is also not real coffee therefore a myth. haha.
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    my mum makes this and she just uses instant coffee. but she makes up a full coffee with milk. not just a shot =) so might be more calories ;)