Just bought my first bottle of whey protien

Options
Now I need to know what to do with it! LOL I have relied mainly on protien bars but I see how this way could be a bit more bennefical. I have the body fortress vanilla. Any suggestions? When should I use it? Any recipes? I love smoothies. Just curious to see what everyone does. I'm trying to get some girly muscles and thought this would help!

Replies

• elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mainly:

oatmeal
    greek yogurt
    almond milk and corn flakes
    chia seeds

i have different flavors (chocolate chip, fudge, strawberry banana, peanut butter, vanilla, cookies and cream, coconut) so if i'm craving chocolate or something, I use the protein powder to satisfy my craving!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mine is by CSN and is fantastic. I have vanilla ice cream and it already has a natural sweetner in it. I dont put anything in mine just water and ice. soooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    I mix mine with 1/2 cup FF plain greek yogurt, 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 a banana. Like a milkshake but with 30-40 grams of protein :D
  • RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    Dang. Looks like you already have some pretty decent guns.

It seems like a lot of people seem to mix protein powder with various fruits.

Personally, I use chocolate protein powder and mix it with 1% milk and PB2. Its like drinking a big Reese's peanut butter cup for under 300 calories. I eat it either for breakfast or a snack on a heavy workout day.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I like mine in oatmeal, fudge, ice cream, pancakes, and of course in shakes. Just do a google search for recipes.
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! I will be putting them all to use at some point!:happy: