Newbie about to die of hunger!

Options
2»

Replies

• Deshartnett
    Options
    The way i do things, i'm never hungry. and i have a realistic goal of losing only 5lbs a month for a year. <3
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some things I've discovered:

1. Sometimes when I think I'm hungry, I'm actually thirsty. Try drinking water first and then see if you're really hungry.
    2. Having adequate protein throughout the day really helps in feeling satiated.
    3. I'm not as likely to feel hungry if I eat a lot of high bulk, nutrient rich, low calorie foods rather than just a few calorie-dense foods for my calorie allotment. This generally translates to a lot of fresh, raw vegetables and fruits, e..g, big salads with low cal dressing (I just use plain rice vinegar, but it's an acquired taste).

Best of luck! Lots of people here to help with support.
  • treegarner
    treegarner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gradually decrease you calorie intake. Start by subtracting your daily intake by 100 calories weekly until your at your desired calorie limit. Your stomach will shrink as it slowly starts taking in less food and you'll get full with much less food.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I felt like that at first. After about a week, I wasn't quite as hungry. My body got used to eating a more healthy amount... Stick with it for a while or consider upping your calories. It may take a little longer to lose the weight, but you need to take your time and make lifestyle changes anyway...