Lite 'N' Easy Australia

Options
Has anyone in Australia done Lite 'N' Easy? I'm thinking about giving it a go just to take a break from thinking about food every day for a while! And aslo to hopefully kickstart some serious weight loss....I'm a bit stuck at the moment. My only concern is that it won't be enough and I'll be hungry....has anyone done it before and had success with it?

Replies

• voiletmay
    voiletmay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't done it, but a friend has, and also my mums doctor. My friend did really well, but after 6 months had enough and is back to cooking her own food. She is struggling a bit psychologically (food is an enemy again now where it wasn't on Light Easy) but lost 15 or so kilos overall and looks great. My friend loved the food and really looked forward to what she was getting in each meal.

My mums doctor is another one who is doing it but she keeps snacking on chocolate so it isn't working for her at all LOL!!

I think it is worth a try for a few weeks to see how you go.
  • msgingerc
    Options
    Yes, I've done Lite N Easy. I'm on it now and have been for about 9 months, and in that time, I've lost almost 30kg.

I am a 40yo female on the full seven day 1500 calorie program. At first, I felt a little hungry during the afternoons as my body was adjusting to correct portion control, so I would sometimes add a piece of fruit or some vege snacks like carrot and celery sticks to my afternoons. I got used to the portions after about a month.

I can honestly say that I love just about everything about Lite N Easy. I have had ONE meal that I didn't enjoy and ended up throwing away half-way through (the Chilli Concarne dinner, fyi). Everything else is delicious and amazing, and I don't feel like I am eating "diet food" at all.

I will say that during the 9 months I have been on it, when I go to the occasional barbecue or out with family/friends, I eat and drink what I want for that afternoon or evening or meal, then get straight back on LNE the very next meal. That way, I feel like it is a long-term sustainable lifestyle choice for me, as opposed to a temporary "diet" measure.

Lite N Easy is wonderful, convenient and delicious, and I can absolutely attest to its success with regards to my weight loss goals.

I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I do. Good luck!
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have put in an order for a week and I get the first delivery on Tuesday....looking forward to giving it a go!

I think I will probably need to add extra vegetables in, but we'll see what happens. My biggest worry is that I will be hungry after dinner, but hopefully the meals are nice and filling.
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started on the 1500 cals option this week. I'm a bit hunger in the afternoon, so I just drink a couple of glasses of water. I'm fine after dinner.

All the food is listed here, so I still track everything I eat. I figure if I'm hunger and I have the spare cals, I'll just eat something and track it to.

I have careful matched up what I am eating for dinner with what I am cooking for my family, that way it doesn't feel like I'm on something special.

The food is great and it's nice not having to think about what to eat.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Lite N Easy for 5 days now and I am impressed....the food is really yummy and everything so far has been fresh and tasty. I like not having to shop or think about preparing food! Lite N Easy recommended the 1500 calorie option for me but I went with the 1200 so I could add in a few extras like some hot chocolate, extra cups of tea and so on, so no doubt I am eating 1500 calories (or close to) anyway. I thought I would be starving when I saw the portions but actually the meals are reasonably filling. I am drinking a lot though, especially in the afternoons when I get peckish....lots of soda water so the bubbles fill me up! I am also adding 200g of boiled vegies to the dinners, and that makes a really filling meal. The variety of food is great too....I think that helps me stick to it.

My only complaints would be that there is not enough salad, and there are too many carbs....toast and cereal for breakfast, a roll for lunch and potato or rice for dinner is more than I am used to! I think next time I will just get the lunch and dinner, and do my own high protein breakfast.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did the Lite N Easy diet for a while but I just did not like the lunches or breakfasts. I preferred just making my own breakfast and lunches but the dinners were very good. It was great.
  • kismicallychal
    Options
    I've been on lite n easy for, coming up to, 3 months and have lost a steady kilo each week, except for two when i built up my exercise and realised i needed to bump up calorie intake. Love, love, love it! I hate cooking so that's the best bit. But i've tried so many "diets" and this is the only one i've stuck to for this long and actually lost more than a kilo on. Food is yummy, yaeh the breaky/lunch menu gets boring, but it does change each season so at least it's not yr long. Recommend to everyone if you can afford it :D
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Going to bump this thread as I have just started to use MFP properly. Are there any LnE members still active? Please add me :smile:
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Just finished my 2nd week on LnE ... enjoying it very much.

It's hard to think that it's a diet when I'm getting so much food, variety and not hungry.

I agree about wanting more salads, but I decided to go on the 1200c program (less bread on that!) and add some extra calories with salad veggies with my lunch and a skim yoghurt.