People are disposable?

Options
People are disposable. Isn't that sad?

It doesn't matter how good you are to someone, it doesn't matter how much you've done for someone mentally, emotionally, physically. It doesn't matter how intertwined you are with them and their family, and them with you and your family. It doesn't matter how much of yourself you've given. You can give them every morsel of your being. You can pour your bleeding heart out. You're still disposable to them.

Is it any wonder why people don't stay friends like they used to any more? Is it any wonder why people don't, and CAN'T trust people? Is it any wonder why relationships and marriages don't typically last??

There really is no hope for the human race. Humans can be so disgustingly evil and manipulative. People kill, lie, cheat, and steal. Then they kill, lie, cheat, and steal some more. Steal peoples hearts right from their chest. Steal peoples ability to trust and love again. People degrade, humiliate, and mock others in a way that is unimaginable. People make other people lose their faith in other human beings, lose faith in themselves, lose faith in real love, lose faith that anyone will ever be good to them, lose faith that this life is worth living. Kill peoples souls. What's it all for? Why are we here?

Good people can only take so much before they break. Is this all that life has to offer me? Heartache after heartache? Losing everyone close to me in the worst possible way? What if I were never born? Yes, I would have missed out on some great times and some really great people, but I also would have missed out on all the times I've felt like this. Felt like a piece of garbage. Felt defeated, helpless, worthless, ugly, rejected, disposable. I have felt hurt so bad it feels like my heart is literally being ripped from my chest. How many times can one heart be shattered before there is never any more mending? It's shattered so many times that pieces are missing, they can't be sewn back in. Pieces that are essential to making one whole. Important pieces are missing, and can never be recovered. My "give a f&ck" piece is missing. My "give a f&ck about myself" piece is missing, my "give a f&ck about others" piece is missing. Did I do something so incredibly horrible that I deserve this? Am I a horrible human being? Why do such horrendous things happen to such great people? What has the world come to?

Are there any sincerely genuine people still left in this world? People who don't take others for granted? People that don't kill, lie, cheat, and steal? People that genuinely care about others? People that feel compassion for others and people that can leave sarcasm out of the equation when someone so desperately needs it? I am one....so there has to be more, right?? Please tell me there are more.

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad go of it right now. Some times people let us down and hurt us and yes even break us, but there are truly kind caring people in this world some times it just takes a little longer to find them. Some times life just plain sucks but it does get better, and sometimes just as you are losing all faith in people someone comes along to remind us that there truly is good people. Some times I find when I am really feeling down going out and helping some one else truly helps heal some of my pain.

I hope you can find some peace with what ever has you so down and know it is temporary, and even though it may not seem it now it can get better.

I know I have truly been there on more than one occasion. Hugs
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Are there any sincerely genuine people still left in this world? People who don't take others for granted? People that don't kill, lie, cheat, and steal? People that genuinely care about others? People that feel compassion for others and people that can leave sarcasm out of the equation when someone so desperately needs it? I am one....so there has to be more, right?? Please tell me there are more.

Yes, there are many like us. Some of us are afraid to step from behind the shadows, but we are there.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time right now, and I don't know enough about it to help you, but there are good people in the world. It doesn't look like it any more, but 50% of marriages last. Friendships can last a lifetime. Children can become good adults. All hope is not lost.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel, and I have been there. I lost my "gives a *kitten*" piece for quite a while, too. And even now I can never fully trust people because as you said, people are disposable. No matter what you do, you can't control another person's actions. No amount of love, or giving, or caring, or begging and pleading can stop them from walking away whenever they want.

I think there are some things we never 100% heal from, but that doesn't mean life doesn't go on. You can still have a great, worthwhile life even if you're a little less "whole." I know there's a bit of me that got broken and never got fixed, and maybe it never will. But I still have so many other great things in my life that that little piece isn't really necessary.

Keep your chin up - it WILL all be worth it in the end. You deserve happiness and you will find it. There WILL be people in your life who stick around, who love you no matter what. Friends, relationships... they will come. And some of them will stay forever. And it won't make the past go away, but it will make it all worth it.

Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk. Stay strong and keep on truckin' - you got this!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I am sad for you. Sounds like you're feeling betrayed. There is a lot of bad in this world but try not to be sucked in and become a part of it. The good in this world is so much greater - although sometimes it's hard to see it when you're trapped in despair. I'll think positive thoughts for you. :heart:
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    There are good, caring, honest, loyal people out there. They don't draw attention to themselves, but they are out in the world nearly everywhere. What I will say, having given my heart and had it broken without care, that "give a *kitten*" part is not gone for good. It takes the longest to come back, but it does eventually. You have to be selective, but you still have to give people a chance. You can't assume everyone is horrible, or that is all you will ever see no matter how the person is really acting.

Quoting Edmund Burke "you can never plan the future by the past"

Your heart hurts because it's bleeding in pain right now, but it's not dead. You can and will love again, starting with yourself.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Some friendships break, some relationships die. But then some don't.... Yes I only have one friend from HS who I regularly talk too, a few from college, but those are the ones that matter. Good Luck
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    ..................uh...................Welcome to MFP??:ohwell:
  • CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nothing to say, but I just thought I'd send some ((((((Hugs)))))) down the line to you.

:flowerforyou:
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rough lot in life that, but I can attest, yes, there are good people still around, folks who have a heart, compassion, and integrity.. They're just few and far between these days, as personal feelings and bonds become more casually looked upon. However, it is important to understand ... this is no fault of your own, this is no great mistake you made, this is just how society has turned for a good number of folks.

There IS hope, however. For every day, another sunrise comes, the fact you can still walk out there and look to it for a better chance is something to keep trying for. The most you can do is pick yourself up from the dirt, dust yourself off, take a deep breath, and keep following your nose through life. Feeling the stones on the path myself quite a few times, I know fully well its 'easier said than done'. However, there's one thing missing here, yes, you gave it your all, it wasn't enough, at least for those who cannot see what's going on, but it was YOU who kept the rest intact, YOU keep being what makes a good perosn. Keep on marching, take with you the memories that make you smile, and leave the shattered past behind you, you got bigger things to think of on the road ahead.

There is one other thing, I'll add before I get off the soapbox. There is one way to show there is a light in this world, you can show it. Its hard to be strong, but BEING that good person, being that rare example of what you believe a good person can be, that alone speaks more than a thousand words. And sometimes, those examples can leave something worthwhile behind.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The people that matter are not disposable. Even though you seem to be hurting right now, and that probably does not make you feel better at the moment, it will make sense. I have lost a lot of friends over the years.... all because I started on a journey to make my life better. It is amazing how people cannot handle someone who is trying to do something good for themselves. Keep pushing and moving and do not give up!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I wish youd posted this under your real name :(
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    panda..looks like from your earlier post that someone has cheated on you and this has brought on such a deep poring of feelings and upset??

People(you) are not disposable, you can get over whatever someone has done to put you in this mindset to feel so low.

My mantra is `everything happens for a reason`

When you get past all the upset and sad feelings, you will see that this is true.

I know you feel down now, but things will get better, believe me!!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of good people out there. The nasty ones are just a lot louder and more noticeable, unfortunately...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Wow. You sound like you've been hanging around a lot of messed up people. You also sound depressed. There's is a lot of good in this world. Open your mind and see it. Surround yourself with healthier relationships and for godsake get some therapy!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you cannot put you hope and faith in others. You have to rely on yourself. I am not saying you shouldn't trust others and you shouldn't make friends, but that if you are looking for others to "complete you", you are always going to come up short. You are the common denominator here, and in that you have to understand that you make life happen. If you feel betrayed, I am sorry, I know how that feels, but you can't just give up and say damned be the whole human race. I do believe there are genuine, selfless, kind-hearted people out there, but I don't think you will ever find them. These people, the real ones, are kinda like superheroes... They don't go around saying who they are... they just help those in need and move on.
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal: Apparently, also your LiveJournal.
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    so today i went to the gym. i did upper body. it was awesome!

its my bday too ;)
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I am not liking the sound of this post. It concerns me. And I hope that you can start feeling better. There are a ton of great people out there in the world. People who dedicate their lives to helping others. If you want to read some stories of others getting hope, may I suggest the site, givesmehope.com. Lots of great stories of amazing people on there.