Need Healthy fish recipes or healthy veggie 1s?

Options
flamencobarbie
flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
Hello, I am trying to eat more fish. I do not have many good recipes for it. I would appreciate any.. I do have fresh rosemary, and oregano in my garden. I enjoy all fish, and I need some more healthy recipes in general.. I love vegatables too, so if you have salad recipes, and soup recipes that is great too.. Just anything healthy.... Also feel free to add me as a friend I am really nice. I share my food diary. I would like to have more friends that share thier food diary. Thank you...

Replies

• MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite. Less than 400 cals for the entire meal. You will definitely be full after this.

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Cajun-Catfish-Po-Boy-Cooling-Vegetable-Salad-.aspx

If you like shellfish, this recipe is really good too, and kids will eat it.

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Shrimp-Vegetable-Saut-with-Cheesy-Grits.aspx
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    Just love this site you recommended... Thank you...
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    I did get a recipe for Mahi Mahi , season salt and bake.. I will try this one..
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you like fish you don't need a bunch of spices, etc. to make it good. I just heat up a nonstick skillet, when it's hot I spray with canola oil spray or any spray you like, throw in your boneless fish fillets (I like Talapia or Flounder). Sprinkle with pepper or any spices you have...I use Daddy Hinkle's or Dash. Brown each side for about 3 minutes. Some times I squeeze a little lemon juice over but it's not necessary. For a side dish I like Kroger frozen Vegetables with rice, just put in a bowl & mivrowave for 6-8 min. This makes for an easy fast meal..
  • MsVirginia5
    MsVirginia5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love clean eating magazine. I also like foodnetwork.com and sparkpeople.com both sites have excellent recipes.
  • I would like some recipes as well. :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey...you can add me and here's website with all sorts of healthy recipes:

http://www.skinnytaste.com

she has some bangin recipes that are healthy and family friendly!
  • allyemo1985
    allyemo1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having baked garlic madras and chille salmon, that has been soaked in madras powder with little olive oil garlic and cut chillies. The madras powder is from Schwartz and I use a table spoon. 1 garlic clove and 1 chillie fresh . Rub all ingredients into salmon leave for couple of hours bake for 30 minutes on gas 170. I have this with mashed sweet potato. A d green beans :-)
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You may also want to try www.eatingwell.com; they have some great recipes as well.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Get some aluminium foil and put the fish on it. Put any herbs on top, maybe a slice of lemon, maybe a little olive oil. Dill is awesome with fish. Fold up into a parcel and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so until it's just done. Eat with salad, boiled potatoes, quinoa, whatever you fancy.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. Go to Trader Joe's
    2. Buy Wild Marinated Soy Ginger Cod Fillets
    3. Follow directions on package
    4. Eat freaking delicious cod

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=230
  • msmarieann
    Options
    I like poached fish in green tea. It sounds weird, but it's really tasty. I like it better with white fish.

I also don't cook with measurements, but I'll do my best here!

I use a large saute pan with deep sides. About four fillets of fish.

4 fillets of your favorite white fleshedfish.
    1 of each zucchini and yellow zucchini.
    1/2 sweet onion in nice slices (Vadalia)
    A few patty pan squash
    Eggplant, cubed
    Garlic
    1 cup Chicken Stock (or veggie stock)
    1 cup water
    2 Green Tea Bags
    Quinoa to serve with.

Essentially, you saute the veg to make 'em sweat. Then you add the water and stock, add any herbs you think would be nice, your green tea bags. Bring it up to a simmer, add in your fish. Cover and cook until your fish is done. Take it out, serve over some quinoa and you're good to go.

The saddest part is that the broth is really beautiful, but you don't need the poaching liquid so you generally toss it. You could always freeze it and use it the next time around.

Or you can make fish fingers...

EatingWell.com and Clean Eating are my go to spots for recipes or vegan yum yum - she has some inventive desserts there that help if I need something sweet.
  • joannasaurusrex
    Options
    If you can get your hands on some River Cobbler, you can do loads with that! You can cut it up into chunks and it keeps its form - doesn't flake apart like most other fish. I made a stir fry with it last night, just chucked in some veg and soy sauce/ginger/garlic. But it also works a treat in tomato sauces, curries, etc - basically anywhere else you might normally use chicken or another meat. (I was getting pretty sick of eating chicken and beef, which is how I discovered this!)

I've also made this Jamie Oliver Moroccan Fish Stew a few times (http://hotcooking.co.uk/recipes/59/jamie-oliver-moroccan-stewed-fish-with-couscous) it is really quick, easy and simple. I often have prawns and fish fillets in the freezer so it's the sort of thing you can usually cobble together when you haven't been shopping. You can also alter it quite a lot - I eat it every few weeks so sometimes I experiment with different spices, or add chickpeas or mixed beans into it.
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Another easy way to cook your fish fillets on the grill, put a fillet on a sheet of foil, sprinkle with lemon pepper, slice some onions & bell pepper on top. Wrap it up & cook on the grill or in the oven for about 20 min.
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    Thank you for all your delicious recipes!!! I just came from my local Fish Market..yummy.. I purchased some salmon. I am going to go back to buy some Ahi Tuna.. That Ahi Tuna look so so tasty.. Anyone know how to prepair Ahi Tuna, salmon and keep it going with any other fish or veggie recipes.. Also if you cook healthy , and enjoy sharing recipes feel free to add me.. Thank you for all your recipes !!! Enjoy your weekend everyone....
  • Chewster001
    Options
    Ahi tuna pan seared and encrusted in sesame seeds is freaking amazing. The center should be raw*.
    *Eating raw seafood might kill you but you'll really enjoy the flavor before you die.*
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    That does sound really amazing!!! I do have black sesame seeds on hand.. I still eat sushi and I am okay..lol Thank you for sharing... : )
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    Okay I made some salmon it came out really great.. !!! I am ready for some more recipes....So friends hit me up with your best recipes. I love to cook and make anything healthy....... Now I purchased conch, and scallops. Thank you , and Have a wonderful blessed day!!! : )
  • Chewster001
    Options
    The only way I know how to cook scallops would not be approved of by myfitnesspal... sauteed in butter. I suppose you could steam them. I think they're pretty popular steamed in Chinese cuisine... maybe work in some black bean sauce.