Any trucker's spouses out there?

Options
kmm7309
kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
I've been a trucker's wife for a couple of years, but only recently my husband's been OTR. It gets super lonely sometimes. Anyone else go through this? Anyone else trying to lose weight for their hot trucker? :drinker:

Replies

• ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not me. Obviously. But I have thought about doing the trucking thing. What's it like being married to a trucker? don't now if I could be away so long...
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's rough. I like it okay. My husband makes enough that he sends me to school full time. I keep the house clean, make a week's worth of lunches in advance, pay all the bills, take care of the pets, etc. He drives. It works for me. I think it would be harder if I had kids, but my step-sons are older and very understanding of the situation. I miss him, but I do love it.

It takes a strong spouse to be a trucker's spouse. If your relationship is rocky, it's a bad thing to do. If one member of the marriage is super clingy, it won't work. Lifeasatrucker.com has some great information if you can get past the crumby format.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    My husband is a trucker, but until recently was only local and home every night. He will now be OTR for 10-14 days. Just looking for some friends for support who also have trucker spouses.