CHANGING GOALS?

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
WHEN WE SIGNED UP FOR THIS SITE WE HAD TO PUT OUR WEIGHT HIGHT AGE HOW OLD AND ACTIVITY LEVEL DURING THE DAY TO TELL US WHAT TO EAT DAILY....NOW THAT IV LOST 7 POUNDS DO I NEED TO GO IN AND CHANGE IT TO REFLECT MY NEW WEIGHT....BECAUSE MY CALORIES ARE STILL AT 1280...

THIS CONFUSED ME LAST TIME ID LOVE SOME SUGGESTIONS.

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Once you check in, it will adjust your calories only if need be- which it should not until you have met your goal you input. My calories have stayed almost the same and I have lost 60 pnds, they just changed recently (by 50 calories) I think because I am very close to my goal.
    Good luck
  • NewBeginning2010
    BUT IF I MANUALLY TYPE IN THAT I AM 7 LBS LIGHTER IT SHOWS FEWER CALORIES WHY IS THAT ADJUSTING MANUALLY BUT NOT AUTOMATICALLY?
  • NewBeginning2010
    WELL I CHANGED IT AND NOW INSTEAD OF 1280 IT SAYS 1240...IT UPDATED IT TO 222 BUT WHEN I TYPED IN 222 IT CHANGED TO 1240...UGHHH
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    I am not sure I totally understand what you are asking but I think the answer is...

As you get lighter your calories will go down. They never go below 1200 as that is the absolute minimum for anyone, however the heavier you start out the more calories you are given. I started at 1200 calories before working out, but I have seen people on here talking about having 1400 to start. It all depends on your height and starting weight. Hope that helps.

BTW I think if you go back in to put in your start weight and your goal weight your ticker will fix itself. To update just go to the monitor your progress and change to your current weight each weigh in.

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.