best way to cook chicken

Options
so i'm back on the bandwagon and i need some help. i''m doing pretty well with breakfast foods and snacks, but i love chicken and i'm looking for ways to cook it effectively and smart. i just bought some great healthy chicken, but now how to cook it? bake? fry? also what to cook it in ie oil? flour? breadcrumbs. PLEASE HELP! :smile:

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to grill chicken? I've never grilled, but it seems that it comes out so much better when someone grills it compared to anything else.
    When I do cook chicken, I'll dice it up and cook it in a pan on the stove. I don't use anything, just some crisco to coat the bottom. Maybe that's why it never comes out that great. Hmm.
    You could also try different spices and marinades and experiment a little bit.
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    i am not a big fan of grilled chicken haha :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I either bake it in the oven with a bit of shake-n-bake coating or pan fry on medium heat with a bit of healthy oil like olive, flaxseed or Omega Oil which is a blend of grapeseed, olive and flaxseed oils.
  • melissahager
    Options
    I either pan fry my chicken in Pam butter spray or bake it in the oven. Sometimes I just add a little salt and pepper if I am mixing the chicken in a casserole. I also love Emeril's seasoning if I am eating the chicken breast plain with a side of soup or vegetables.
    Tonight I had:
    4oz of chicken baked in the oven with salt and pepper
    steamed asparagus (or use green beans)
    brown rice
    fat free cream of mushroom
    Mix together and you have a semi-casserole!
    It's delicious and quick!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you could grill it i use alittle coconut oil to grill it in instead of butter - or shake and bake it or boil it if you are putting it in somthing