What's good for breakfast??

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If my breakfast is that low in calories, it's probably going to be because I'm on the run and having a protein bar and a Red Bull. :tongue:

hmmm, a piece of fruit and a couple of eggs would be that low certainly, but if it were me, I would have to have a morning snack later if that's what I ate. Red Bull will keep me feeling full longer than a couple of eggs.
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a sandwich, 2 white bread slices, 1 slice of ham (or someother similar), 1 of cheddar cheese and toast altogether. Using a "light" bread this do not pass the 220 cals. A fruit as "dessert" and a big tea cup or coffee with a little of milk.
  • tonkabella
    tonkabella Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    2 large eggs scrambled or Porridge with golden syrup are my usual choices. Both of these keep me feeling full till lunch time.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like changing up my breakfast so I don't get bored so I usually do
    1 scrambbled egg 1link sausage 1 toast with jam
    oatmeal with rasinins and granola
    protein skakes are always good
    I hope this helps you out you have a lot of great post to draw your decision from
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been eating soup for breakfast this week. It is warm, filling, and low in calories. I don't particularly care for cold foods in the mornings.
  • angelmays
    Options
    I usually have 1 egg either scrambled or overeasy cooked with olive oil and some type of meat. I have found thin sliced ham to be less in fat and calories than sausage and bacon. I also have a cup or two of skim milk. We started out with 1% and have worked our way down to skim, it's really not that bad. I try to drink a bottle of water shortly after to make sure I get full. Then after a couple hours, a fruit for snack.
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Try some low-fat cottage cheese with fresh fruit or put all in a blend then eat. Sometimes I eat a regular breakfast (fried egg, 1 biscuit, homemade gravy, 2 slices of bacon) be sure to measure and check out the calorie contents first. If i deprieve myself of things that I really like, then when I go on a binge its hello weight gain. I know people will think this is stupid, but thats's why I measure and check calories before eating.
  • rettab773
    rettab773 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a very good breakfast.

1/3 cup of aunt jemima complete pancake mix.
    160 cal

3 strips of turkey bacon (great value brand walmart)
    105cal

1tbsp welchs grape jelly (instead of syrup)
    50cal

country crock margarine 1tsp (if desire)
    30cal

total 345 cal

(use fat from bacon to cook pancake) or pam.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is a banana with 1 Tbsp. of Simply JIF!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    English muffin pizzas. With your favourite cheese, and tomato sauce and veggies. Who doesnt like pizza for breakfast?

This morning I am having cottage cheese and fruit. I guess if I wanted to go to 400 cal, I would have some toast.

Toast with PB and a banana.
  • martintanz
    Options
    All good suggestions so far.

English muffin with almond butter

and either
    Low fat yogurt
    or
    Mini protein shake
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Cheese grits. Around 325 calories, depending on the cheese and the size of the egg used.
    A standard serving of plain grits
    28 g (1 oz) of cheese. I've been using shredded colby-jack of late.
    1 egg.
    Prepare the grits in a large mug in the microwave and season to taste. I usually add sea salt and either Tabasco or salsa verde.
    Blend in the cheese until it melts and then add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Microwave on high until the center sets, about 5 minutes.

Bacon, egg, and cheese on an English muffin. Around 330 calories using regular pork bacon and full fat cheese.
    1 strip bacon
    1 egg
    20 g of cheese
    English muffin.
    Microwave the first two ingredients together on high for about 90 seconds, the bacon on a paper towel and the egg broken into a small ceramic bowl (the type used for desserts in cafeterias works well) treated with non-stick spray. Remove the egg and cook the bacon for another 1.5 to 2 minutes on high. Assemble the sandwich and microwave on high for 30 seconds or so.
  • srhargraves
    Options
    I love the cheese grits recipe especially with the cheese....I definitely will try this one...
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    egg whites, 100grams of low fat yoghurt, 50-100 grams of blueberrys, half of green apple, quarter of a banana, lettuce 1 cup, half a carrot, milk 1/4 cup

you can eat all those and still have only eaten under 400 cals
  • rarnold281
    Options
    I never thought about putting raw oatmeal in my yogurt. Gonna try it. I usually put 1/2 cup of multi grain cheerios in my yogurt.:happy:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy breakfast sandwich with whole grain thins, an egg, a slice of turkey bacon, and some jam. I love it and filling!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    protien iced coffee:

1/2 cup cold coffee
    1/2 cup almond milk vanilla or plain
    1 scoop vanilla whey-protien powder
    ice cubes

Combine and stir coffee, almond milk, and protien powder pour over ice.

It is great with a 100% whole wheat bagel and 1 wedge of laughing cow strawberry cream cheese
  • srhargraves
    Options
    some very awesome ideas here! I especially like the ones with the baked beans. I am gona try them all so that should keep me happy for a good while!! Thanks everyone for all the response. It seems if I eat a good breakfast that is satisfying, then I am good to go for the rest of the day. I usually eat something very light for lunch then I have a full dinner with my family. I keep it under 1500 calories and it seems to be working.... only got one problem.....I don't know which one of these I am gona try first...they all sound so delish!!!!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I never really was a breakfast eater, even as a kid, but now I know it's important to start my day off on the right foot. I cannot tolerate a sweet/high carb breakfast on its own. A fruit plate would make me sick if I didn't have something else with it. I need REAL food. Throw in a couple of eggs with that fruit, and I'm good to go. I can do a fruit smoothie so long as it has a good protein powder mixed in, but I still crave something else. I love cheese toast & bacon, but well, that's not so good for me, is it? :wink: I've even been known to cook a steak rare, dice it up into tiny pieces & freeze it into 2tbsp portions. In the morning I'll toss them in a hot pan for a few seconds before pouring some eggs over top to scramble. Mmm. After that, I'd really be happy to eat a fruit plate! :bigsmile:
  • aubhob
    Options
    i saw that fiber one has a blueberry muffin mix but dont know the calorie count on them