Eating is GOOD for you!

Options
I have seen a lot of people on here trying to eat minimal amounts of food thinking that will help them drop weight. Of course, anyone saying this instantly gets shot down by the more educated, tried and tested fellow mfp members :) I have tried it myself and trust me, it doesn't work. I find that eating the correct amount of food actually drops the weight faster than eating less. I've been struggling lately to make up my 1200 calories but I eat 5 meals a day and get full, so I feel I'm am getting enough. I think it's just because I eat lean meats. Not gonna force myself to eat more when I'm full!

Anyway, just wanted to reinforce the below statement, I think it's so good:

Eating is GOOD for you – it just has to be the right foods (clean, whole foods) and the right amount of foods.

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The trick is that how do you determine what is enough for you specifically? If it were soooo easy, then everyone would be thin. As we get older it is also harder to lose weight. Most of us have destroyed our ability to determine whether we are really hungry or not and we listen more to what others tell us than to our own bodies. Trust yourself and your body and don't tell anyone else how to live their lives unless they are causing harm to themselves or others. Preaching here always goes wrong on every single thread I have read, lol. A piece of really important advice is just because it works for you, does not mean it works for others. Sharing instead of preaching is key here. I know you are coming from a good place but if the thread doesn't die, it will go bad at some point lol xxxxxoooo.