IS IT FIBER?????

Options
I posted earlier I am having trouble with only losing 1/2 inch off my waist, I started in March and have lost a total of 9 inches off my waist but the last 2 months I have only lost 1/2 inch. I do 70 min. cardio on treadmill on the highest incline 15. I walk/run for those 70 min. and I also do 40 laps in the pool which I just started recently in the pool to up my cardio. This of course does not include my weight training and I do this 5 days a week. I have been doing this cardio since March2012. IS IT POSSIBLE I AM NOT GETTING ENOUGH FIBER IN MY DIET?????? AND HOW MUCH DO I NEED DAILY?????

PLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile: :smile:

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's fiber unless you aren't drinking enough water. The water pushes the fiber thru you. Not to be gross, but if you are constipated, then the fiber may have something to do with it--drink water. Sounds to me like it's too much exercise. Do you change your workout routine, or is it pretty much the same every week? You may need to confuse your body a little. The addition of the swimming was good, but maybe you should cut back some on the treadmill to make room for it instead of just adding it. Are you still losing weight, or do you just measure during the month? If the 46 lbs is since March (or particularly if it's since July?), you are doing fine. It will take a while to get rid of 114 lbs. I haven't looked at your diet, but 9 1/2 inches off your waist in 6 or 7 months is incredible! Congratulations!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    with out having your food diary, i can only venture a guess.

i'm sure you're probably not eating enough, and probably too much sodium.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

And possibly not enough potassium.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    No. It's fibre.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Can't tell whats up since your diary is closed.

could be

Sodium too high - holding water
    TOM - holding water
    Constipation
    Not drinking enough
    Not eating enough - less is not more - too large of a calorie cut over TDEE will lead to a stall
    Over training - recovery days are where you strength gains occur - too much cardio, not enought strength training, not enough recovery time leads to injury and stalls.

The link will walk you through the process of finding out if your calorie target is correct for your size and exercise program

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's fiber unless you aren't drinking enough water. The water pushes the fiber thru you. Not to be gross, but if you are constipated, then the fiber may have something to do with it--drink water. Sounds to me like it's too much exercise. Do you change your workout routine, or is it pretty much the same every week? You may need to confuse your body a little. The addition of the swimming was good, but maybe you should cut back some on the treadmill to make room for it instead of just adding it. Are you still losing weight, or do you just measure during the month? If the 46 lbs is since March (or particularly if it's since July?), you are doing fine. It will take a while to get rid of 114 lbs. I haven't looked at your diet, but 9 1/2 inches off your waist in 6 or 7 months is incredible! Congratulations!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Yes I am losing inches in other areas and I drink over 8 glasses a day usually. I have no problems with constipation. I just changed my cardio just this past week to trick my body into doing something different. I have lost 3lbs the last 2 weeks so I know that is good. I actually lost over 2 inches or more and I usually measure about once a month or every 2 weeks. just depends. Thanks for your comment.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options

:smile: :smile: :smile:

I am eating around 1200 calories and up it to around 1500 on heavy workout days also my sodium is usually 2,000 or under try to be anyways. Is that good?
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Can't tell whats up since your diary is closed.

could be

Sodium too high - holding water
    TOM - holding water
    Constipation
    Not drinking enough
    Not eating enough - less is not more - too large of a calorie cut over TDEE will lead to a stall
    Over training - recovery days are where you strength gains occur - too much cardio, not enought strength training, not enough recovery time leads to injury and stalls.

The link will walk you through the process of finding out if your calorie target is correct for your size and exercise program

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

:smile: :smile:

Thanks for the info!!!!! I know I drink enough water so maybe over training thanks for the link!!!!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    There are lots of theories out there about how to reduce waist size. Like pretty much anything else with our bodies I think you need to correctly identify the problem in order to find a solution. "Too much cardio" might be a problem for some but I typically have 2.5 hours of cardio daily.

What may have been effective for trimming my middle is to reduce sugar and carbs in general that spike my blood glucose excessively. My waist dropped from 26-27" two months ago to 25.5" now. After reading about how high blood sugar levels trigger release of hormones that cause your body to store abdominal fat it made sense. Tried it and am pleased with the results.

There are other factors to consider also. For example, estrogen dominance can trigger excess abdominal fat storage too. And more possibilities but I don't have time to continue. Point is, if you stall out for more than 2-3 months it's good idea to research possible causes - hit Google and read actual studies. Things can get confusing on forums very quickly.