What do you use for non-food rewards?

Options
I'm curious. How does everyone reward themselves for incremental weight loss accomplishments? And how often? For example, do you buy yourself a new trinket after 5 lbs lost? Do you allow yourself the luxury of a bubble bath? Do you get a massage for every 20 lbs lost?

What are your non-food self rewards and goals in order to receive them?

Replies

• skinnylion
    Options
    I usually go shopping. I like shoes a lot, so sometimes I set up a goal weight within 10 lbs and when I reach that amount I'll buy a pair I've had my eyes on.

But a lot of the time I just have to reward myself for working hard at losing weight. If you don't, even if you have not been losing, it's the effort that counts. It will keep you interested to think positively about the work you're doing and keep you from falling off the wagon.
  • justicekenny
    Options
    just got myself a nice burberry tie ... tie addiction
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started on this weight loss journey. Never thought about rewards. Thanks for the idea! I think I will agree with the shopping. I am going to buy something small when I reach 10lbs and each 10lbs after that. Then a new wardrobe at 55lbs! haha
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't do rewards. I'm down 43lbs and have had to buy new clothes several times, so that's where my money goes. Feeling a thousand times better about myself is enough of a reward. I thought about buying a fabulous new wardrobe when I get to goal, but I really have no idea when that will be. I feel like I'll be firming up for a while after getting to goal weight (and therefore needing smaller sizes again.)
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't do rewards. I'm down 43lbs and have had to buy new clothes several times, so that's where my money goes. Feeling a thousand times better about myself is enough of a reward. I thought about buying a fabulous new wardrobe when I get to goal, but I really have no idea when that will be. I feel like I'll be firming up for a while after getting to goal weight (and therefore needing smaller sizes again.)

^^ I had the guy version of this - I dropped 40 pounds and I had to re-buy all my pants and jeans twice. Not complaining at all, but it just sucks having two bins of brand new pants that I barely wore.

So yeah - properly fitting clothes are a really cool reward - they make you look great and feel great about yourself
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For me, my workouts are my "Me Time," which is its own reward. And getting smaller is my reward for my hard work. I'm not really into material things. Having "Me Time" is awesome, and I've long since missed how great it feels to use my muscles!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Clothes and stuff for my dogs and ferrets
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    a got a new bike when i realised mine was way too small (i had it when i was 10) knowing that i was fit enough to use it without feeling embarrassed.
    my first set of gym clothes were huge baggy dark coloured things, including a mens large t-shirt, i rewarded myself with some nice new smaller girly workout clothes when i lost 10lb. i cant wait until i need even smaller sizes as a reward :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I still have old clothes that I got too fat for, my prize is an Ohio State tshirt that my mom bought me I was never able to fit into. Also, a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear since college. I can't wait to put them on one day.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I started out doing rewards for exercise goals - gym every day this month? New workout shirt! Gym every day for two months? New shoes! Gym every day for three months? Exercise bands! And so on. Every treat has been something I've wanted for my workouts, but portioning it out that way helped keep me motivated and made me pick things I was really sure I needed - I didn't want to wind up with another bunch of exercise junk gathering dust in a closet (YOGA DVDS I AM LOOKING AT YOU). Now my reward is seeing a personal trainer, which is also kind of the thing I'm getting the reward for, but it all seems to work.

Oh, and today I'm going out to buy pants for work and bras that fit. Clothes that fit are always the best reward.
  • GeenieSpringer
    GeenieSpringer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get massages as a reward for working out so hard. I'm also a bit stiff at times so the massages help tremendously. I get new clothes as a reward for losing inches! I love shopping. Sometimes I'll treat myself to a manicure, pedicure. But whatever I do during the week, no matter how hectic, I always make sure that I take 1 or 2 hours of pure "ME" time on the weekend to do whatever I feel like doing (which is usually, pamper myself).
  • fallbrawl
    Options
    I buy myself one of the wrestling figures i need for my collection.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I consider entering a race or buying more plates for my barbells to be rewards.

But I did get a tattoo when I hit my goal.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. How does everyone reward themselves for incremental weight loss accomplishments? And how often? For example, do you buy yourself a new trinket after 5 lbs lost? Do you allow yourself the luxury of a bubble bath? Do you get a massage for every 20 lbs lost?

What are your non-food self rewards and goals in order to receive them?

All of those sound like great rewards. I love massages, manicures, pedicures, etc. I'm just maintaining but I do think those kinds of things make great treats
  • samlankford
    Options
    no rewards here for eating healthy and exercising... I buy what I need... just a nice ego boost when the sales lady at Macy's tells you that you need a smaller size and hands me a size 2 lol :bigsmile:
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Shopping :happy:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any and probably won't.
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM and a Backpack cooler. I reward myself with things that I will end up using to keep reaching my goal. Though, my final reward when I lose all the weight will be a new wardrobe and a new tattoo.
    I like 15lb mini goals but I have some other nonscale goals such as fitting back into my original wedding rings and fitting into this dress that I've had in my closet for years and have never been able to wear (it was a gift).
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nail polish, body lotion, or anything that makes me feel great! I originally lost 50 lbs, then had a baby in february, so now to lose the baby weight.... anything that i can use no matter what size I currently am.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would go get a massage if I could fit it into my schedule, LOL.

I snatch minutes and buy new clothes as the old ones fall off me. Goodwill is helping where it can. Snagged a wool suit (no alterations!), leather jacket (was looking for years!) and some capris this week.