NSV - ran my first 5k!!!

Options
So I just finished my first 5k! My official running time was 32:21. I am so happy and proud of myself. I have worked so had to get to this point. I ran the whole time and it felt great. I think I can start thinking of myself as a runner now :).

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great job! My first is next week, and I'm a little nervous. What were your times like before the race?
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been friends with you for a while now, and seeing how much time and effort you have put into your running is amazing! YOU ARE A RUNNER!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!

Now clean out a dresser drawer to make room for all the race tees you're going to start accumulating. :wink:
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a great time for your first 5K! Actually, any time is a great time for any 5K!
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    Congrats! Nice pace!
  • sweetbabyjane
    sweetbabyjane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's one of my goals! I need to get back in to running! Has anyone done C5K?
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Great job! My wife and I ran our first 2 weeks ago. Before starting to live healthy and lose weight with MFP, I didn't think I'd ever consider myself a runner. Amazing what a change in attitude will do for you, isn't it?
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done, what an achievement, hope to do one at some point!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yes, you are officially a runner...great job!!
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi FIVE friend!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm thinking of starting C25K soon.....I would love to be able to run a 5K! You are an inspiration!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish I could run but my knees won't tolerate it. I hope you are very proud of yourself. You deserve it!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of running my friend. I remember when I ran my first 5k, it was such a wonderful feeling. Here's to many more.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's one of my goals! I need to get back in to running! Has anyone done C5K?

I did it over a year ago and now I can run for 45 minutes easily. It's amazing how many calories you burn running over 30 minutes.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!!
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is a great time for your first. I have my first one tomorrow morning, getting a little nervous.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great job and AWESOME time!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great time!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I have a friend who saves all her race bibs and puts them in a scrapbook. I didn't save my first one and wish I had. Your first 5K is something you will always remember. Congratulations on a great time and doing it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!