OH NOOO! WORST NEWS EVER! PLEASE READ AND HELP!

Options
barkin43
barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
I just heard on the news that there's about to be a (shudder) BACON SHORTAGE! :angry: :grumble: :frown: :sad: :brokenheart: :noway:

Replies

• cakelady69
    Options
    saw this the other day on here. it is sad sad news.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    The liking bacon thing.......?
    No, its still not funny.
  • barkin43
    Options
    saw this the other day on here. it is sad sad news.

It's more than sad --- it's DEVASTATING!!
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Unless I have a coupon for a big discount I don't buy. Think many
    consumers are doing the same as the shelves are still full.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Its an ugly rumor started by the pigs
  • barkin43
    Options
    Its an ugly rumor started by the pigs

LOL! Those pigs are notorious for starting ugly rumors! They're almost as bad as those cows telling everyone to prey on the poor chikuns!
  • barkin43
    Options
    No, its still not funny.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone. What's your favorite movie quote? What kind of vehicle do you drive? What's the story behind your user name? Those are all pretty funny.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    eat more chicken.... lol... NOT funny about the bacon though, One of our kitties has to have a strip each morning1
  • barkin43
    Options
    eat more chicken.... lol... NOT funny about the bacon though, One of our kitties has to have a strip each morning1

Well, I can see you're on the side of the cows!! Poor chickens!
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    No, its still not funny.
    Hmm... what about these...

"A priest, a rabbi and horse walk into a bar. They order bacon. " ... No? Ok...

"Knock knock... who's there... bacon." ...Nothing? Hmm...

"Why did the chicken cross the bacon?" I give up.
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Nothing makes me want something more than being told I can't have it, lol. I haven't had bacon in months, but after reading about the shortage...guess what I had for breakfast? ;)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No, its still not funny.
    Hmm... what about these...

"A priest, a rabbi and horse walk into a bar. They order bacon. " ... No? Ok...

"Knock knock... who's there... bacon." ...Nothing? Hmm...

"Why did the chicken cross the bacon?" I give up.

There once was some bacon from Nantucket... I ate it. /end joke
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it was a ploy to get us all to run out and stock up, causing the price to go up now and start a shortage... tell us this will happen next year.. found a new brand, Burgers smokehouse, kinda bacon, salt pork combo, extra thick. Boy was it good! Can't eat much but you just work out more. Love bacon!
  • JLand918
    Options
    Sorry dont buy it, this isnt the first time there has been a so called "shortage" this to me is along same lines as to why the food pryamid happens to tell you to eat a ton of grains or farmed foods to keep the farming industry in business, regardless of how truly little you should actually consume grains,sugars etc. They want to scare everyone into buying like 3-4 packs of bacon next time they hit the grocery store then like magic the shortage will be gone.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :devil: The pigs have started a union and are going on strike...or was that in the store? My memory is a little fickle sometimes.
  • barkin43
    Options
    :devil: The pigs have started a union and are going on strike...or was that in the store? My memory is a little fickle sometimes.

You need to eat more bacon. I'm sure I read somewhere that bacon is good for your memory.:wink:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    firstly is this actually true ?
    YESSSSS !no more bacon = no more temptation ! :bigsmile:
  • danaweston
    Options
    I just heard on the news that there's about to be a (shudder) BACON SHORTAGE! :angry: :grumble: :frown: :sad: :brokenheart: :noway:
    I read on the Torani web site that they have a bacon flavor syrup
  • barkin43
    Options
    firstly is this actually true ?
    YESSSSS !no more bacon = no more temptation ! :bigsmile:

Oh, yes, I'm sure it's true. I heard it on TV. They're not allowed to say things that aren't true, are they??
  • OzzyPam
    Options
    Hahaha Barkin 43 you are funny...lol... I like your humour ... Nothing better than to have a giggle first thing in the morning... Have a great day :)