another newbie,

halima3
halima3 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
hi im new here just on my 7th day..I am 177lbs and my goal is 125lbs. I'd like to give a heartfelt thanks to the creator (s) of myfitnesspal.com. its helped me so much wow! u can track every aspect of every food on thi splanet (almost), so thank you.

When I tracked my food intake, in this meticulous way, over the past week, it really opened my eyes to what im eating, Im following the GL/GI DIET (glycemic load or glycemic index diet) I have a history of diabetes in my family and am prone to it myself plus i suffer from PCOS so this blood sugar based diet is ideal for me. I have lost weight following this method in the past. Give me a shout if ur doing the same or something similar. thanks..halima

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello & welcome Halima, absolutely he deserves an accolade for coming up with the idea & following through giving hundreds on this site if not thousands who have not joined but use this site as a reference for better food choices & or exercise information as far as what a particular exercise done for a specific time helps one burn.:smile: I want to say thanks to you Mike as well, I'm truly enjoying MFP & have since the beginning. I'm not familiar with PCOS, but I wish you all the best with your choice & I see you don't need it you have discovered a program that works for you. God Bless.

Jason
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    I agree! This website is totally amazing! I would not have the same results without it!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.