Wedding ring dilemma

Options
What do you do when your wedding ring just keeps falling off.

My ring has diamonds in it and is pricey to replace although it was very cheap originally no one makes them anymore.

Do I buy an interim ring (plain band) or stay ringless until the finish, when I can have a copy made.
I would not have it altered as I believe in the circle not to be broken thing.

What have you chosen to do.

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    go to a jewelry store and get a ring spacer. adjust it as needed as you lose weight.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    They can place little balls inside the band ... Forgot what they call it.... :)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    They can make it smaller without cutting it. #couldhaveaskedajewellerthisquestion
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'd rather wear it on a necklace than lose it off my finger...
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got a plastic ring guard from a jewelry shop - various size pack for $7. My next step when it gets a little bigger is to get this http://viewithere.com/ring_guard

Good luck and congrats!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My antique heritage rings slipped off my finger one day and they're gone forever. My next set was sized even smaller.

Why wouldn't you have them resized? No one sells rings in my size so I would never have any choice. When my DH first gave me his grandmother's ring, it was a size 8. I'm a 4 and it would never stay on with a spacer.

We're still married.
  • wanda9501
    Options
    I can't wait to have this problem, It is slowly getting looser, but it is not falling off yet. But, I would buy those ring adjuster to wear with it. Check at wal-mart or stop by any jewelry counter in the mall. Give us an update, so we ppl with the same problem can have a solution. Thx
  • LadyHappyfish
    LadyHappyfish Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic replies thank you all so much, this has been such a worry for me.

I shall visit a jeweler on Monday and get ask for a ring spacer. I feel so odd without my ring especially shopping with me three in tow. Silly really

So many thank yous I'm delighted.

xxxx
  • LadyHappyfish
    LadyHappyfish Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Update,

The Jewelers said they would need to send it off (I did not like that idea). So for a temp solution I got a the plastic ones, they kept popping off.

The solution I'm delighted with is the 14ct ring guards, I got 2 on ebay shipped from USA for £4. Similar to the link suggested.

Its very fiddly to fit. You need 3 hands or something that will hold the guard and ring together while you bend over the two ends (I used my eyebrow tweezers to bend it). I can keep adjusting the guard until I reach my final weight and decide then what I wish to do.

Timing was brilliant I have lots of interviews choosing secondary schools for my eldest, I would not have felt right without my Wedding ring.

My heartiest thanks to everyone - and good luck on your journeys.