If I never see this number again...(rant post)

I feel like I'm pretty much wasting my time. I'm eating almost no sodium a day, I'm adding more protein to my diet, more vegetables, more water, nearly meeting my 1200 calorie daily goal and not exercising it off, and doing leg lifts (I can't get weights for lifting exercises just yet). Still I'm seeing the same number over and over again for the past 2 weeks. Today I think I'm going to eat nothing but green beans for all meals and drink water.
This is really discouraging.

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    So you just started a lift routine and have been doing this for two weeks? Muscles store water to repair themselves, wait 4 weeks before changing anything.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    This makes me sad.
  • I know I'm being very impatient. It's just frustrating, you know?
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Stay the course and give it time. Two weeks is not nearly long enough to see measurable progress.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Give it a month. Your body needs to adjust.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    I know how you feel ..... I have been totally stuck at the same number all this week. Despite walking, swimming, cycling more than ever before.

But I won't give up. I WON'T I WON'T (note too self, stop shouting)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    The leap you've made is unhealthy. You know eating nothing but green beans is a bad idea.

Also, why no sodium? Sodium facilitates almost all chemical reactions and signals in the body. You need it to drive nerve impulses and muscle contractions. If you don't have high blood pressure, there's no reason to seriously restrict sodium.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    first off you need more food, plain and simple. 1200 is for extreme DIETS as in temporary not long term healthy living, so you need to adjust that goal. i totally recommend this calculator to help figure out your goals http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and secondly your muscles will store water the first few weeks after beginning a lifting program so give the scale time. thirdly, try going by measurements first and scale second, measuring tape isnt going to decieve you with water weight and that kind of crap as much as tape will give you an accurate reading of what your body is looking like. fourth, give it time. it takes up to a month to begin to FEEL results, and longer for you and others to see it. give it time! good luck!
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Stick with it...it takes 3-4 weeks before you start seeing anything appreciable. Do take your measurements...you will likely see a little decrease in waist measurement before you notice the scale moving.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Less is not more when it comes to weight loss - eat more than your BMR and less than you TDEE. You have no info posted so I can't check if "almost eating 1200" cals is enough to fuel weight loss - but unless you under 5' it probably is not.

Take a llook at the link - it will walk you through how to find those numbers - give me a shout if you want a double check.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • It was a rant post....geeze. I get lectured every time I post something on here. What ever happened to a motivating, supportive community? Yes, I'm frustrated but I really don't intend on giving up. While some of you had some very helpful advice and I appreciate that, I was just ranting. Just frustrated. My bad.
  • Jorra
    It was a rant post....geeze. I get lectured every time I post something on here. What ever happened to a motivating, supportive community? Yes, I'm frustrated but I really don't intend on giving up. While some of you had some very helpful advice and I appreciate that, I was just ranting. Just frustrated. My bad.

What exactly did you find less than supportive in these responses? What are you asking for besides encouragement and advice.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I know the feeling, it's like slamming your head into a brick wall day after day to stall out on the scale.

But I hope you get the recommended levels of salt a day, it turns out we need a certain amount, and since I've been cooking for myself I was going under it!
  • Hakarn
    Hakarn Posts: 62 Member
    Sure, it is frustrating... Just try not to base everything on the scale. If you are eating healthy and getting stronger, who cares about a number of a little device?
  • It was a rant post....geeze. I get lectured every time I post something on here. What ever happened to a motivating, supportive community? Yes, I'm frustrated but I really don't intend on giving up. While some of you had some very helpful advice and I appreciate that, I was just ranting. Just frustrated. My bad.

What exactly did you find less than supportive in these responses? What are you asking for besides encouragement and advice.

Well the "man up..." one wasn't exactly nice, and neitehr was the "this makes me sad" post.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    ok if you think that punishing your body instead of learning to work with it will work out better for you have at it.... my guess is your body is going to go into panic mode and start conserving every calorie it gets and slow your metabolism down to compensate..... but what do I know?

disclaimer: not saying I know what I'm talking about..... just talking about what I know :flowerforyou:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Don't lose heart! The scale didn't budge for over a month for me. EVENTUALLY, it will!!! I promise!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    1200 calories. go figure.
  • Jorra
    It was a rant post....geeze. I get lectured every time I post something on here. What ever happened to a motivating, supportive community? Yes, I'm frustrated but I really don't intend on giving up. While some of you had some very helpful advice and I appreciate that, I was just ranting. Just frustrated. My bad.

Well the "man up..." one wasn't exactly nice, and neitehr was the "this makes me sad" post.

Tough love isn't necessarily mean. Your post made someone sad because of the frustration and desperation you expressed. It's a concerning post.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Just when you want to give up ... don't I've been fighting all week with adverse weight results. This morning, same old same old. Went out for my every day 30 minute + power walk (I'm heading for 60 with big boobs, jogging doesn't do it for me) ... got home and weighed myself ..... yeh 0.5 kg down.

Rest of the day was a relatively easy day ... beach day. A little walking, lots of water activity .... and when I got home late this afternoon, yeah way to go .... weighed in same as this morning, that 0.5kg stayed off

I know constant weighing in is not good ... but couldn't resist .... now I will try to wait a week before next weigh in and hope for another 0.5kg