I'm new too!

bumpthat
bumpthat Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

Wow, so many new people joining everyday!

My name is Pam and I joined 3-4 days ago. So far, this site has really helped me! My MO is that I want to lose weight and can't even make it a day or two without eating something stupid. I've even been careful with what I ate...lost 3-4 lbs, then ate one restaurant meal and it was all for naught.

I've never been skinny-skinny, I've had 3 separate fat times in my life - pre-puberty, right after college, and now, 9 years after pregnancy. And this last time, I gained 20 lbs from the pregnancy alone, and now I'm 20 lbs heavier still.

I'm a VERY picky eater and that will be one of my issues. That and work free food (we bring sweets to weekly meetings and such) and restaurant food.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Welcome! The workplace environment is hard as you have no control over what is there food. You just need to have will power to say NO or if you must only allow yourself one bite and enjoy that one bite. If you are going out to eat I think you just need to think ahead and plan for that by having a lighter Breakfast and Supper or throw in some exercise to make up for it. Good luck to you!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Hey Pam,
    Good to see you here!

For the food at work, I try to have a plan, like bringing my breakfast and lunch, snacks too. Then when meetings and treats show up, I don't let them interfere with my plan. I also drink A LOT of water (72 oz. a day) and chew gum when I'm seriously tempted. I also always ask myself, "Is it worth it?" when eyeing up a treat. Usually, it's not.

Another thing somebody posted on here is the concept of "U-Turn." Basically, when you are driving down the road and realize you made a wrong turn, you can make a u-turn and get back on track. If you are going through your day and maybe eat too much, or eat something unhealthy, you can always make a u-turn and get back on your plan. Don't throw away a whole day just because of one slip. Get back to your healthy eating plan, drink a bunch of water, and you will feel much better and ready for the next day.

Just my thoughts. Good luck to you!
    Kathy
This discussion has been closed.