I need HELP!

Options
I have to be honest I do not understand how many calories I need to eat or understand what to .... I don't even know...! FRUSTRATED if you can't tell!

OK! I have had some success with my weight loss losing about 30 lbs so far, but seem to have stalled!

I am CURRENTLY eating about 1700 calories a day and i try to burn between 250-400 cal about 4-6 times a week. ( I am not eating my excercise calories) so I think that is 1700 cal NOT 1700 cal net?! I am breast feeding a 9 month old but she is still nursing about 6-10 times a day(24 hours). I calculated my BMR which said 1739 (I assume not taking in account BFing) and my TDEE (what I entered was my usual height, weight and I put in moderate excercise accounting for the BFing and my excercising????) So I don't know if I entered it right( I need opinions) so again... I don't know, but from some things I have been reading I eat 20% less than my TDEE? which says I should eat 2150? So according to this, I have not been eating enough??

Replies

• myrnakavitch
    Options
    You are under eating most likely, and your metabolism is slowing down to compensate. When you are breastfeeding, you need to eat an additional 300-400 calories a day because your body is using that to produce milk. You should increase your food intake to compensate.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any more insight?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You have not been eating enough, you need to eat 20% below your TDEE and not eat back exercise calories, basically. Also breastfeeding is a loggable exercise as you apparently burn an extra 300-500 calories just doing that, so you can definitely afford to eat more. I would up your calories 150-200 a week until you are at your 2150, so you are adjusting it gradually. You might gain initially (though many do not) but then it will adjust and you should start losing again.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're eating 1700, maybe have a BMR of 1400 * 1.2 = 1680 + 300 for BF = 1980 + 200 realistic avge exercise = 2180

take off 20% = 1744 which is back where we started.

Have you worked out your body fat % ? that with current weight can give a more accurate BMR.

Rather than eating more, if you're feeling experimental take 2 weeks off the exercise and see what happens.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do the % body fat is that something I can do or have to go somewhere to do?
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Taro....feed your baby as often as (s)he demands, eat healthy yourself, rest a lot and for now, let the rest take care of itself. If you dont eat enough that baby wont eat enough so to speak. Granted, the baby nursing will get the nutrients first..........but will leave you at less than minimum and you cant have that. Remember...baby needs Momma to eat healthy and exercise.

Good Luck and dont be intimidated