Accidentally Outspoken Girl Next Door Takes on MFP! Holla!

Options
Gosh, where do I even begin.

Listen, I love food. I love it. I put on weight when I took a job as a food writer/opinionist for about 3 years. I ate exceptionally well almost every night of the week. So I wasn't packing on the kilos with McDonald's and sugary drinks, I was doing it with the finest food & drink humanly possible.

So I left it.

I'm now working from home, I have a web series that I host with my friend, Nat. I'm tall, brunette, I've got deadly curves and I want to show them off WITHOUT the spanx, the corsetry and, yes, even duct tape. No joke. I love fashion and I believe it's all about proportions, so until I was resolved to make change in my life I used all manner of tricks to force my body into enviable shapes.

But, when the end of day came, it was me and my mirror and I know that I am worth more. So I've cleaned up my eating habits, I've said "NO" to eating out and I eat at home. I started couponing to fill my pantry with healthy foods that fit my budget, I have a stocked freezer and a fridge full of veg, yoghurt, almond milk and eggs.

I bike everywhere. I cook like a boss. I want brownies, I made a recipe with coconut flour and agave - Low G.I. clean AND packed with nutrients (not to mention gluten free/low carb), I make chicken fingers breaded in ground almonds, I use a slow cooker, indoor grill and magic bullet.

I am on MFP because I want to keep track of what I eat, I want to share the tricks I use to get me through the day and I want to help keep others motivated as much as I can while I make my way on my journey.

That's it. Eat well. Bit fit. Love Life.
Look deadly.
OOOH THE CLOTHES! I'm so excited... my poor wardrobe has beautiful clothes in it that I haven't worn in ages!

EEE!
This is going to be fun.
:D
m

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I think i'm going to like you ! feel free to add :tongue:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! MFP is a fun place to track your daily food/activity, sure. But, the forums and friends make it all that much better! Hope your curves stay "deadly", but just a bit healthier!! ;-)

Best of luck!
  • juliette28
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You're going to like it here! :flowerforyou:
  • msmarieann
    Options
    Thanks! So far with one post, everyone's been so supportive!

Now... how do I send friend requests here... hmmm....

m
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Man I'm adding you just to rob your recipes!
  • ElizaDnl
    Options
    I want to know all the secrets of the duct tape! ;-)
  • Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love it here, and so will you! So much support! I added you!