Food question.

Options
Hey guys. So my story on here is the simple fact that, like everyone, I want to lose weight.

I am in a position now where I am slowly but surely losing my addiction to food. VERY hard, and occasionally, I lose a day or two (like last night for my daughters birthday at Red Robin, lol) I have found some success though. I just had a question.

If you look at my diary (pay no attention to last night's meal, lol) I have been staying under my calorie goal and eating back about half of what I burn. Considering the fact that I came from a diet where I didn't pay attention to it and I was overeating big time, I found I was easily eating 4000-6000 calories a day. I think this is a great change.

All that said, my food question is this, Is it REALLY as healthy as it says in the commercials about eating Subway for lunch? If I go and eat a Roasted Chicken breast sub, on wheat, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, and SW sauce? I find foods like this help keep my addiction at bay, while it is only 450 calories.

Also, when you go to (let's say) safeway, and they have those carbonated flavored waters

Like this: http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-safeway-clear-sparkling-water-beverage-i257113

Is it really a healthy alternative to Soda? Or am I just shooting myself in the foot?

I want to get beyond the calories so I can burn as much weight as I can by next year this time.

I'm sure the fact that I'm questioning it is enough of an answer in my mind, but I just want to know the truth so I can maximize the effectiveness of how I am trying to eat.

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The problem with foods like subway is they are loaded with sodium. However once or twice a week they are fine if you don't eat a lot of sodium the rest of the time.

With losing weight it helps to think of things in order of priority (and that is your priority not anyone elses), so your main priority is staying under your calories. Then maybe your second priority is keeping your sodium levels in check. Third could be eating plenty of fruit and veg. Forth could be decent amount of protein (these are all examples).

So if a subway takes you over your sodium level but is stopping you from going over your calories, cos elsewise you'll eat something crappier, then eat the subway because the highest priority is to keep you under your calories.